Name: Alexander Reid
Birth: ABT 1800 in Thornhill, Perthshire
Death: 1873 in Govan, Glasgow
In 1851 census his occupation was: Master Dyer Enploying 82 Men & Boys 70 Men 12 Boys 40 Females. Lived at Hillock House, Govan, Glasgow.
Change Date: 20 DEC 2016 at 22:35:50
In 1871 census was aged 70 and living at 312 Govan Road, Govan, Glasgow. His occupation was as an East India Merchant & Dyer employing 119 men, 8 boys and 47 girls.
He was born in Perthshire Thornhill.
Formed company Alex Reid & Sons, Dyers.
Alexander Reid - portrait at the Holm of Dalquhairn
Alexander Reid? - Photo at Glencrosh
Fire at Dye works, Water Row, Govan in August 1861 - Glasgow Saturday Post
Father: Robert Reid b: ABT 1775 in Thochray, Little Dunkeld, Perthshire
Mary Veitch b: 5 MAY 1804 in Glasgow
6 DEC 1822
- Peter Reid b: 1825 in Glasgow
- Alexander Reid adopted b: 1826
- Thomas Reid b: 25 MAY 1831 in Govan, Glasgow
- Elizabeth Reid b: 1832
- Mary Reid b: 3 JUL 1834
- Margaret Reid b: ABT 1837
- John Reid b: 1839
- Anne Wallace Reid b: 1839 in Govan, Glasgow
- Catharine Thomson Reid b: 1843 in Govan, Glasgow
Elizabeth Kirkwood b: ABT 1821 in Houston, Renfrewshire
10 JUL 1843
in Netherfield, Houston, Renfrewshire
- James Reid b: 14 APR 1845 in Govan, Glasgow
- Janet Kirkwood Reid b: ABT 1851 in Govan, Glasgow
- Rachel Jane Reid b: 30 MAY 1852 in Govan, Glasgow
- Arthur Reid b: ABT 1856
- Charles Thomas Reid b: ABT 1854 in Govan, Glasgow
- Robert Reid b: 14 OCT 1857 in Hillock House, Govan