Name: William KIDSON
Given Name: William
Birth: 11 Dec 1784 in Of Staindrop, Durham, England
Death: 27 May 1869 in Grahamstown, Albany, Cape of Good Hope, South Africa
Note: BMDs from Gwynyth Johnson email Feb 3, 2015.
Note: Grocer & WIne Merchant.
June 1820, travelled from England to Algoa Bay, Cape Colony , South Africa on the "La Belle Alliance" ship with the Wil lson's party.
Initially, about 4,000 1820 Settlers arrived in the Cape i n around 60 different parties between April and June 1820 . The 1820 Settlers were granted farms near the village o f Bathurst and supplied equipment and food against their de posits, but their lack of agricultural experience led man y of them to abandon agriculture and withdraw to Bathurst a nd other settlements like Grahamstown, East London and Por t Elizabeth, where they typically reverted to their trades.
Change Date: 23 Jul 2015 at 09:25
Anna Maria PARKE b: 18 Apr 1788 in Saffron Walden, Essex, England
30 Mar 1807
in St. Pauls, Shadwell, London
- Change Date:
22 Mar 2016
- Mary Anna KIDSON b: 22 Aug 1808 in London, England
- Amelia Russey KIDSON b: 24 Sep 1810 in London, England c: 27 Oct 1811 in St.James, Westminster
- William Parke KIDSON b: 7 Mar 1812 in London, England c: 26 Jul 1812 in St.James, Westminster
- Frederick Dodd KIDSON b: 9 Mar 1816 in London, England c: 15 May 1816 in St.Mary Magdalane, Bermondsey
- Emma Whitcombe KIDSON b: 17 Jun 1818 in Norsley Down, London, England c: 8 Nov 1818 in St.Mary Magdalane, Bermondsey
- Thomas KIDSON b: 19 Jun 1819 in London, England
- Joseph Parke KIDSON b: 3 Jan 1822 in Bathurst, Cape Province, South Africa
- John William KIDSON b: 1824 in Bathurst, Cape Province, South Africa
- Fenning Parke KIDSON b: 8 Sep 1827 in Bathurst, Cape Province, South Africa
- Elizabeth Hannah KIDSON b: 6 Feb 1829 in Probably Bathurst, Cape Province, South Africa
- Anna Maria KIDSON b: 14 Apr 1831 in Bathurst, Cape Province, South Africa