Name: Micajah Clark
Given Name: Micajah
Birth: 24 Feb 1758
Death: 25 Apr 1834
Burial: Flat Lick Cumberland Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Herndon, Christian County, Kentucky, USA 1 2
Change Date: 7 Jul 2017 at 15:53|
Father: Christopher Clark b: 20 Apr 1737 in Albemarle County, Virginia
Mother: Mildred Terrell b: 7 Jun 1741 in Caroline County, Virginia
Penelope Gatewood b: 13 Sep 1758 in Virginia
- Change Date:
7 Jul 2017
- Abbrev: Find A Grave
Title: Find A Grave
Text: Name: Micajah Clark;
Birth: Feb. 23, 1769;
Spouse: Penelope Gatewood Clark (1758 - 1824);
Children: Amelia E Clark Gilmer (1806 - 1841);
Burial: Flat Lick Cumberland Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Herndon, Christian County, Kentucky, USA;
Created by: Carl Lansden;
Record added: Apr 09, 2012;
Find A Grave Memorial# 88253567
Find A Grave Memorial
- Media: Book
Abbrev: DAR Revolutionary Soldiers in Georgia
Title: Roster of Revolutionary Soldiers in Georgia, Volumes I & II
Author: McCall, Mrs. Howard H.
Publication: Baltimore, Maryland, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1968
Compiled by Mrs. Howard H. McCall (Ettie Tidwell McCall), Member of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), and National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR.)
Page: Volume III, page 51
Text: CHRISTOPHER CLARK, b. in Va., April 20, 1737; d. 1803, Elbert Co., Ga. Served with Va. Troops; received bounty land for services. Married Mildred Terrell, b. June 7, 1741; d. 1800. Children:
1. Micajah,, b. 1758; mar. Penelope Gatewood.
2. CHRISTOPHER (1760-1819); mar. Rebecca Davis. REV. SOLDIER.
3. David (1762-1846; mar. Mary Clark.
4. Mourning (1764-1840); mar. 1783, WILLIAM BIBB KEY, a REV. SOLDIER. They had 15 children.
5. Judith (1766-1812); mar. PETER WYCHE, REV. SOLDIER.
6. Rachel, b. 1768; mar. (1) JOHN BOWEN, REV. SOLDIER of Va. (1758-1790); she mar. (2) John Daley.
7. Agatha, mar. George Wyche.
8. Mary, mar. Thomas W. Oliver.
11. Millie, mar. Shelton White.
12. Terrell, b. 1781 in Va.
13. Susan, b. 1783 in Ga., mar F. McCarty Oliver.
14. Lucy, mar. as (2) wife, James Oliver.