Name: William A. YANCEY
Given Name: William A.
Birth: 1890 in Marovia,Poland
Death: 24 Dec 1967 in Milwaukee,WIS
Burial: St. Adalbert Cath. Cem., Milwaukee
NOTES & SOURCES:
Change Date: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:40:39
1. The family name appears as YANCHEK & YANCI in census
records. It was legally changed to YANCEY in 1946.
2. Census records -- Westmoreland Co., PA.
Their second child, Katherine A. (Yancey) Kirchner, was born
in United, Mt. Pleasant Twp.,Westmoreland Co., PA. in Dec. of
1917. There is no census record in 1920 in United to prove this,
but a record was located in Unity Twp., Pleasant Unity District--
ED 225, 2A, #43 has William Yanchek 24, b. Austria, to US 1909,
naturalized 1916, coal miner; Annie 20, to US 1902, naturalized,
b. Austria; Katherine 4, Mary 2, both b. PA.
Living with them is John Borzik, 17, b. PA, brother-in-law of
William Yanchek. This seems to be the brother of Ann (Borzik) Yancey.
There are errors in this record, if the same family. Mary should be 4 & Katherine 2, & Willi am Yancey/Yanchek should be 29. However,
Ann did have a brother John Borzik (who was also in the census
with his parents in United, Mt. Pleasant Twp. in 1920.)
3. Census records -- Greene Co., PA - Cumberland Twp.
1930 - Nemacolin - ED 30-6, 25A - 364 Sherman Ave. -
William A. Yanchek 39, b. Hungary, to US 1907, naturalized,
shotfirer, coal mine; Anna S. 29, b. Czech., to US 1903;
Mary A. 14, Catherine 12, John 9, Pauline H. 7,
William T. 4 9/12. All children b. PA.
Living in the same house are Andrew T. Urda 26. b. PA,
coal miner, and wife Emma P. 24, b. PA, son Richard B. 1.
[Emma is a sister of Anna (Borzik) Yancey.]
1940 - Nemacolin - ED 30-10, p. 4B, 5A.
House 364 - William A. Yanci 49, b. Austria, widower. With
him are 4 children, all born PA:
Mary Ann 24
John 19, trackman, coal mine.
Living on the 2nd floor of the same house is his married
daughter Catherine 22, and her husband Russel W. Kirchner 24,
repairman, coal mine,(previously from Westmoreland Co.)
& their son Russel Jr. 3.
4. In the mid-1950's, several years after Ann's death, William
married a widow Elizabeth, (maiden name & previous married name
unknown). After he retired they moved to Milwaukee, WI,
where Elizabeth's family lived (West Allis, Milwaukee Co.).
5. William A. Yancey & 2nd wife Elizabeth K. Yancey are
buried at St. Adalbert Catholic Cemetery, Milwaukee.
6. Information on the Yancey & Borzik families was kindly
shared by descendants of Katherine (Yancey) Kirchner.
Ann J. or S. BORZIK b: 18 May 1900 in Spiska,Slovakia
6 May 1914
in United,Westmoreland Co.,PA
- Mary Ann YANCEY b: 1915 in PA
- Katherine Ann ("Kay") YANCEY b: 4 Dec 1917 in United,Westmoreland Co.,PA
- Jonathan Robert YANCEY b: 9 Jul 1920 in Near Brinkerton & United, Mt. Pleasant Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA
- Pauline H. YANCEY b: ABT 1922 in PA
- William Thomas YANCEY b: 26 Jun 1925 in PA
Elizabeth K. b: 1895 in Poland