Name: Elizabeth Graham
Given Name: Elizabeth
Birth: ABT 1775 in , , Virginia 1
Death: in , Montgomery Co., Virginia
Reference Number: 16
!RELATIONSHIP: Deed; ; Franklin Co VA Deed Book 5; p 594; courthouse, Rocky Mount.
Change Date: 13 Apr 2004 at 01:00:00
!RELATIONSHIP: Court order; 1782-83; Bedford Co VA Order Book 7; p 3; courthouse, Bedford.
1850 U.S.Census, 43rd District, Montgomery Co VA; 1850; ; ; Natl Archives; NOTE: enumerated with husband, Thomas Jewel; Elizabeth, 75; born VA (penciled in was Friendship Holler); could not read or write.
!RELATIONSHIP-SIBLINGS: Grant to step-children; 1788; Franklin Co VA Deed Book 1; p 441; Courthouse, Rocky Mount; NOTE: Names Elizabeth and her siblings: Jesse, Priscilla, Robert, Molly, Sally, Elizabeth, William, Deborrah, John, Jonathan.
Father: James Graham
Mother: Sarah unknown
Thomas Jewell b: ABT 1764 in , Loudoun, Virginia
18 May 1796
in , Botetourt, Virginia 2
- Sarah Jewell b: ABT 1797 in , Botetourt County, Virginia
- John Jewell b: 1802 in , Virginia
- Thomas Jewell b: BEF 1800 in , , Virginia
- William Jewel b: 25 Jan 1800 in , Montgomery Co., Virginia
- James T. Jewell b: ABT 1802 in , , Virginia
- Mary Jewell b: ABT 1803 in , , Virginia
- Martha Jewell b: ABT 1804 in , , Virginia
- Elizabeth Jewell b: 30 May 1809 in , Montgomery County, Virginia
- Robert Jewell b: ABT 1813 in , , Virginia
- Jane Jewell b: ABT 1816 in , , Virginia
- Winney Jewell b: ABT 1815 in , , Virginia
- Title: 1860 United States Federal Census [database online].
Publication: Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004.
Page: Roll: M653_1363 Page: 739 Year: 1860 Head of Household: naab Richardson
Note: Name: Elizabeth Jewell Age in 1860: 83 Birthplace: Virginia Home in 1860: Shawsville, Alleghany Twp., Montgomery, Virginia Gender: Female
Name: Virginia State Library
Title: BOTETOURT COUNTY MARRIAGES 1770-1853
Author: Vogt, John and Kethly, William Jr.
Publication: Athens, Ga, Iberian Publishing Co.
Page: Vol 1, p 164
Note: QUESTION: Did family change its name? One researcher suggested they were Tories and ged the name at the time of the Revolution to avoid persecution.
Text: Thomas Jewel & Elizabeth Grimes