Name: Mary Somner
Given Name: Mary
Birth: 19 Mar 1827 in East Lothian, Scotland 1
Death: 20 Nov 1913 in Winton Hill, Bailey's Bay, Bermuda
Burial: 21 Nov 1913 Bermuda 2
Change Date: 28 Nov 2012 at 14:43
Renee's journal dates her 10 years older, written March 7, 1910, "...She is the spryest party and no mistake, 83 next Wed. and lively as a cricket..."
From Hallet's 19th Century Wills of Bermuda, provided by Judy Corday:
She was educated in Scotland, the family later moved to New York. She married Frances Green Desard in 1844 and they lived in NY for one year and then went to Bermuda. She was an accomplished musician and played hte first harmonium in Holy Trinity Church. Her husband died when she was 34.
The executors to her will were Dr. E. C. Wilkerson, Arthur Robert Wilkerson, witnesses Frank Outerbridge & Ernest Guest
Father: William Somner b: in East Lothian, Scotland
Frances Green Despard b: 4 Oct 1810 in Larch Hill, Montrath
1 Oct 1844
in Brooklyn N.Y.
- Change Date:
28 Nov 2012
- Francis William Despard b: 15 Dec 1846 in Bermuda c: 2 Apr 1847 in Hamilton Parish
- Margaret Heroit Despard b: Aug 1849 in Bermuda
- Richard Brooke Despard b: 2 Nov 1850 in Bermuda c: 5 Oct 1851 in Hamilton Parish
- Frances Henrietta (Fanny) Despard b: 12 or 18 Sep 1853 in Bermuda c: 11 Dec 1853 in Hamilton Parish, Methodist
- Margaret Christina (Mary?) Despard b: 19 Nov 1856 in Bermuda c: 29 Mar 1857
- Mary Isabella Despard b: 16 Jan 1859 in Bermuda c: 13 Feb 1859 in Hamilton Parish
- Harriet Isabella Despard b: Abt 1847-1848 in Bermuda c: 16 Jul 1848 in Smith Parish
- Abbrev: Bermuda Wills - Hallett
Title: 19th Century Wills of Bermuda, 1835-1913
- Abbrev: Bermuda Church Registers-Hallet
Title: 19th Century Church Registers of Bermuda
Page: thanks to Judy Corday, Renee Despard's journal also mentions in Jan, 1914, that Aunt Mary'd died.