Name: Samuel Washington LINDLEY
Given Name: Samuel Washington
Surname: Lindley 1
Birth: 1788 in Pendleton, Anderson, South Carolina 1
Death: 1859 in , Montgomery, Texas 1
Change Date: 14 Mar 2014 at 11:35
Find A Grave Memorial# 33766527
Samuel Washington Lindley was born in 1788 in South Carolina to John Lindley and Sarah Pyle Lindley. After the death of his father, his mother moved the family to Kentucky, where he married Mary Hall on June 5, 1809. He and Mary had a daughter named Sarah, in 1810. Mary died shortly afterwards. Samuel married Elizabeth Whitley in May 1810. They moved to Illinois and had ten of their twelve children there. In 1833 they moved to Texas. They had two more children in Texas. Elizabeth died in 1835. Samuel then married Margaret Elizabeth Collard on September 4, 1839, and they had Amanda Marie. Margaret died in 1840. Samuel then married Martha Taylor, widow of William Allphin, in November, 1845. Samuel died in 1859. Most believe he is buried in an unmarked grave here or in Waverly Cemetery. Family members erected a memorial for Samuel and Elizabeth here.
The children of Samuel Washington Lindley are:
1) Sarah Jane, born 1810 and died after 1860, married Thomas Steele. Her mother was Mary Hall.
The next twelve children were born to Samuel and Elizabeth Whitley Lindley:
2) Barsheba, 1811-1885, married John Sadler. She is buried in Ferguson Cemetery in Limestone County.
3) Mary "Polly", 1813-1893, married Hiram Little. She is buried in Willis Cemetery in Montgomery County.
4) Jonathan, 1814-1836. Jonathan was killed at the Alamo.
5) Sarah, 1816-1874, married Lemuel Collard. She is buried in Gourd Creek Cemetery in Walker County.
6) William, 1817-1870, married Mary Jane Hostetter. He is buried in Preston Cemetery in Grimes County.
7) Martha "Patsy", 1821-1882. She first married John Crowson and then Anthony Gibson. She is buried in Allphin Cemetery in Madison County.
8) Samuel Washington, Jr, 1823-1849, married Margaret Fowler Park. Burial unknown. Margaret Fowler Park, wife of Samuel Washington Lindley, Jr, is buried in the Park Cemetery out of Madisonville, TX - under the name of Margaret Fowler Park Reed.
9) Rachel, 1827-1916, married Benjamin Franklin Kelton and then William O'Banion. She is buried in Willis Cemetery in Montgomery County.
10) John L,1829-1911, married Eliza Ann Martin. He is buried Madisonville City Cemetery, in Madison County.
11) James, 1831-1895, married Mary Irvine. He is buried in Shepherd Hill Cemetery in Montgomery County.
12) Mahala, 1833-1857, married Elijah Collard Tolbert. Burial unknown.
13)Elijah, 1835-1880, married Eliza Tolbert first and then Margaret McGill. He is buried in Ferguson Cemetery in Limestone County.
Child of Samuel and Margaret Collard:
14) Amanda Marie, 1840-1911, married William Thomas Martin. She is buied in Pony Creek Cemetery in Erath County.
Father: John LINDLEY b: 13 Oct 1747 in London Grove, Chester, Pennsylvania
Mother: Sarah PYLE b: 10 Jun 1751 in , Hartford, Maryland
- Change Date:
14 Mar 2014
- Jonathan L. LINDLEY b: 12 Feb 1814 in , Sangamon, Illinois
- Abbrev: findagrave.com
Title: Database and images.
Text: For the named person
Page: Lindley, John C. Grave 101861604; Created by: Cindy.