Name: Joseph Jacobs
Birth: 2 APR 1708 in MD
Jacobs Family History
Joseph Jacobs, Sr. was born 2 April 1708 in Maryland, and died after 1787 in probably Virginia. He married Ann (_____) Jacobs. Thought to be the son of Joseph Jacob's and Elizabeth Jones, of Prince George’s County, Maryland, and the grandson of John and Ann (Cheney) Jacob's of Ann Arundel County, Maryland. (See: Harry Wright Newman, Anne Arundel Gentry: A Genealogical History of Twenty-two Pioneers of Anne Arundel County, Maryland, and Their Descendants, Maryland Pioneer Series (Baltimore, Maryland: The Lord Baltimore Press, 1933), 424-426, 427 (Newman errs and name should be Samuel Tillett selling to Joseph. Sr. per deed). They had one known child.
Joseph Jacobs Jr. was born between 1730 - 1735, and died Bet. 7 January 1814 - 16 January 1815. He married Elizabeth Keen 1762, daughter of James Keene. She died Aft. 1815. (See: Fairfax County Deed Book D: 515-516, Joseph Jacob's, Sr. gives son Joseph Jacob's Jr. 114 acres of land on Sandy Run., Family History microfilm # 31,296) They had seven children.
1. Alcy Jacobs was born Bet. 1762 - 1768 in Virginia, and died Bet. 1840 - 1850 in Bremen, Carroll County, now Haralson County, Georgia. She married James Aldridge. He was born 1742, and died 7 December 1807 in Caswell County, North Carolina. They had seven children.
A. Elijah Aldridge.
B. John Aldridge.
C. Sarah Aldridge.
D. Joseph Aldridge, born 30 November 1792 in Virginia; died 2 February 1877. He married Martha Graves 25 December 1816.
E. James Aldridge, born 1794 in Virginia; died 1859. He married Clarbella Moore 27 October 1824.
F. Susannah Aldridge, born 1797 in North Carolina; died Bet. 1870 - 1880. She married David Melton 30 December 1816.
G. Richard Simpson Aldridge, born 1799; died 1853. He married Lucy Pleasant 21 January 1822.
2. Mary Jacobs. She married Mr. Clark.
3. Nicholas Jacobs, born ca 1766; died Aft. 1787.
4. William Jacobs was born Bet. 1762 - 1770, and died Bet. 24 May - 27 June 1848 in Harrison County, Kentucky. He married Mary (_____) Hampton Bef. September 1796. She was born Bet. 1760 - 1765, and died Bef. 24 May 1848 in probably Harrison County, Kentucky. (See: Harrison County Will Book F, 1847-1853, page 62 – Will of William Jacob's: To Son: Will S. – my farm and my slaves, Jess, Harrison, James, Vina, Hariet, Sarah, and Patience. My infant grand-daughter, Mary Ann Jacob's – my negro girl Sal, grand-daughter: Mary Ann Jarvis – 2 slaves named Kate and Easter, To brother Moses and to his wife Mary – my deceased wife’s clothing, my grandchildren: Will George Oldham, Eveline M. Oldham, Rich’d S. Oldham, Susan E. Oldham, James S. Oldham, Amanda A. Oldham and Jesse D. Oldham. son Will is to executor, witnesses: Joseph Wasson, Paschal Kirtley, written 24 May 1848; probated 27 June 1848) They had two children.
A. William S. Jacobs was born Bet. 1804 - 1806 in Virginia. He married Sarah (_____) Jacobs ca 1846. She was born ca 1829 in Kentucky. They had two children.
a. Mary Ann Jacobs, born ca 1847.
b. Theresa Jacobs, born ca 1849.
B. Susan Jacobs was born 1800 in Virginia, and died 1837 in Calloway County, Missouri. She married Jessie Davis Oldham Bef. 1820 in Kentucky. He was born 1792 in Georgetown, Franklin County, Kentucky, and died 1854 in California. They had ten children. (See Oldham Family History)
E. Benjamin Jacobs was born 3 November 1768, and died Bef. 18 December 1809. He married Sarah (_____) Jacobs ca 1797. She died Bef. 1851.They had three children.
A. Elizabeth Jacobs was born Bet. 1798 - 1803, and died Bet. 26 November - 15 December 1851. She had two children.
a. Armistead Jacobs was born ca 1820 in Virginia. He married Ellen Gorem 18 August 1849 in (license) Fairfax County, Virginia. She was born ca 1824 in Virginia, and died 25 March 1898 in Hayfield, Virginia. They had five children.
i. Charles J. B. Jacobs, born 1848 in Virginia.
ii. Mary Jacobs, born 1850 in Virginia.
iii. Sallie Jacobs, born 1852 in Virginia.
iv. James Jacobs, born 1857 in Virginia.
v. Armistead Jacobs, born 1859 in Virginia; died July 1859 in Fairfax Virginia.
b. Fanny Jacobs, born ca 1830.
B. Francis Jacobs.
C. Joseph Jacobs, born 22 February 1810 in Fairfax County, Virginia.
6. Jane Jacobs, born 26 January 1770; died Aft. 1815.
7. Moses Jacobs was born ca 1783 in probably Fairfax County, Virginia, and died Bet. 1860 - 1870 in Kentucky. He married Mary B. Daniel in Kentucky, daughter of Charles Daniel and Jane Daniel. She was born ca 1800 in Kentucky.
A. William Daniel Jacobs was born 11 May 1819 in Kentucky, and died 17 December 1858. He married Eliza Jane Jackson 8 February 1844 in Kentucky. She was born 5 June 1828. They had ten children.
a. George Mason Dallas Jacobs, born 11 December 1844 in Kentucky.
b. William Jasper Jacobs, born 30 March 1846 in Kentucky.
c. Louise Green Jacobs, born 4 April 1848 in Kentucky.
d. Olivia Helen Jacobs, born 11 October 1851 in Kentucky.
e. Martha Ann Jacobs, born 3 November 1852 in Kentucky.
f. Arthur Milton Jacobs, born 4 April 1853; died 24 August 1853.
g. Marion Jacobs, born 30 April 1854.
h. Mary Porter Jacobs, born 30 April 1854.
i. Nancy Alice Jacobs, born 1 June 1856.
j. Anna Liza Jacobs, born 3 July 1858.
B. Joseph Nicholas Jacobs was born 11 June 1821 in Kentucky. He married Elizabeth Chadd 13 January 1845 in Grant County, Kentucky. She was born ca 1818.
a. Americus Newton Jacobs, born ca 1848 in Kentucky.
b. Cyrus McKindreth Jacobs, born ca 1849 in Kentucky.
c. Mary C. Jacobs, born ca 1853 in Kentucky.
d. Irwine P. Jacobs, born ca 1856 in Kentucky.
e. Joseph T. Jacobs, born ca 1858 in Kentucky.
C. Robert Butler Jacobs was born 9 September 1824 in Kentucky. He married Frances (_____) Jacobs.
a. Alvin L. Jacobs, born ca 1849.
D. Benjamin Franklin was born 1 March 1827 in Kentucky. He married Caroline Jump. They had three children.
a. James W. Jacobs, born ca 1861.
b. Samuel C. Jacobs, born ca 1854.
c. Cassius C. Jacobs, born ca 1859.
E. Elizabeth Jane Jacobs, born 17 November 1829.
F. Mary Ann Thompson Jacobs, born 1 February 1831 in Kentucky; died 1 September 1851. She married George Wilson 14 March 1850 in Grant County, Kentucky.
G. Moses Keene Jacobs, born 11 September 1833 in Kentucky.
H. Nancy Thomasson Jacobs, born 21 July 1836.
I. Charles Tate Jacobs was born 21 April 1840 in Kentucky. He married Sophia Hall. She was born 29 April 1849, and died in Switzer, Kentucky. They had five children/
a. John B. Jacobs, born 25 August 1883. He married Anna B. (_____) Crutcher.
b. Margaret P. Jacobs, born 28 June 1876.
c. Julia B. Jacobs. She married J. W. Graham in Newport, Kentucky.
d. Charles Jacobs, born 6 July 1888.
Research information supplied by Margaret I. Ketron.
[Family Histories] [Family Photographs] [Obituaries] [Relationship Chart]
[Newspaper Articles] [Home] [Stories & Memories] [Memorials] [Search this Site]
Sign My Guestbook View My Guestbook
Father: Unplaced Jacobs
- Joseph Jacobs b: ABT 1730