Name: Joseph Edwin BABB
Birth: BET 1737 AND 1740 in Winchester, Frederick Co., VA
Death: ABT 1780 in Laurens Co., SC
Residence: 1767 Laurens Co., SC
Joseph was disowned by the Quakers for marrying out of unity. He moved his family to the Piedmont section of South Carolina settling in what is now the lower part of Laurens County. A cousin, Mercer Babb, and his sister, Margaret Wadlington, moved with him to what is now Newberry Co., SC.
On November 24, 1767, Joseph received a grant to 250 acres of land on Beaver Dam Creek, and on July 3, 1768, Mary was given a certificate of membership in the Bush River Monthly Meeting "Quaker" which was situated about four miles from what is now the Laurens-Newberry County Line.
Father: Thomas BABB b: ABT 1697 in Bethel, Chester Co., VA
Mother: Sarah FOULK b: 1708 in Bethel, Chester Co., PA
Mary MCCOOL b: 27 NOV 1743 in Frederick Co., VA
- Abner BABB b: ABT 1763 in Winchester, Frederick Co., VA
- Thomas BABB b: ABT 1764 in Frederick Co., VA
- Sampson BABB b: 11 AUG 1766 in Frederick Co., VA
- Mary BABB b: ABT 1768 in Laurens Co., SC
- Joseph Edwin BABB b: 15 JUL 1772 in Laurens Co., SC
- James BABB b: ABT 1775 in Laurens Co., SC
- Nancy BABB b: 1777 in Laurens, Laurens Co., SC