Name: Chaim Simcha Braginsky
Birth: ABT 1854 in Ukraine, Russia 1
Death: ABT 1905 in Ukraine, Russia
Note: assault during pogrom
ALIA: Chaim /Brahinsky/
ALIA: Hymie /Brahinsky/
Change Date: 21 DEC 2013
"My dad revered his father, calling him 'the greatest man [he] ever knew.' . . .
"All my father's family came to the U.S. except my grandfather, who died before they emigrated to the U.S. "
?Hannah Brahinsky, granddaughter of Chaim Brahinsky
Given name sometimes rendered as "Hymie."
Father: Moisey Braginsky b: UNKNOWN in Ukraine, Russia
Mother: ??? ??? b: UNKNOWN in Ukraine, Russia
Rachel Karmia b: ABT 1853 in Altynovka or Krolovets, Ukraine, Russia
in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- David Brahinsky b: 24 JUL 1876 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Max Brahinsky b: APR 1882 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Anna Brahinsky b: 7 MAY 1883 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Nathan Brahinsky b: 15 JAN 1887 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Harry Brahinsky b: 20 MAY 1889 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Morris Brahinsky b: 4 JUL 1894 in Krolovets, Ukraine, Russia
- Frieda Brahinsky b: 21 JUN 1900 in Altynovka, Ukraine, Russia
- Text: Russian census c. 1888
- Text: A photograph shows Chaim with daughter Frieda, who appears to be about 5 years old, so it would be from about 1905 . I believe Chaim was killed before his son Nathan came to the U.S., which occurred approximately 1906 to 1908.