Name: Jacob HARLAN
Given Name: Jacob
Birth: 25 Dec 1773 in Berkeley Co., WV
Death: 19 Aug 1839 in Pennington Point, McDonough Co., IL
Jacob moved to Lincoln Co. (Mercer Co.), KY in about 1782. He then moved to Barren Co. (Monro e Co.), KY in about 1807. There he married Sarah Combs, and their children were born in KY. W hile in KY Jacob was a millwright and owner of two horse mills and one water mill. His home w as a preaching place and was know far and near as the home of some of the handsomest girls i n the state of KY.
Change Date: 18 Feb 2016 at 09:23:05
In 1810 he lived in Barren Co., KY, page 47 (22010-3101000) with 4 sons and 4 daughters.
After the birth of their children the family moved to Pennington Point, McDonough Co., IL whe re they lived the rest of their lives. Jacob was a man small of stature and was truely a goo d man.
Notes on this and Jacob's ancestors are from Alpheus H. Harlan's "The History and Genealogy o f the Harlan Family."
Father: John HARLAN b: ABT 1750 in Frederick Co. (Washington Co.), MD
Mother: Jemima WRIGHT b: ABT 1752 in MD
Sarah COMBS b: ABT 1777 in Louden Co., VA
27 Mar 1798
in Lincoln Co., KY
- Note: Consent of Stephen Combs for his daughter, March 26, 1798. Witnesses: John VARDIMAN and Willi am MENIFEE. Surety: Elijah WRIGHT. (M058)
- Nancy HARLAN b: ABT 1799 in Tompkinsville, Monroe Co., KY
- Elizabeth HARLAN b: 16 Sep 1800 in Jamestown, Russell Co, KY
- Stephen Combs HARLAN b: 31 Oct 1801 in KY
- Abner HARLAN b: ABT 1802 in KY
- Susanna HARLAN b: 10 Jun 1803 in KY
- Wesley HARLAN b: 15 Jan 1805 in Hopkinsville area, Christian Co., KY
- Fletcher HARLAN b: ABT 1806 in Monroe Co. (Barren Co.), KY
- Lucinda HARLAN b: ABT 1808 in Monroe Co. (Barren Co.), KY
- Jemima Wright HARLAN b: ABT 1810 in Monroe Co. (Barren Co.), KY
- Aaron HARLAN b: 4 Sep 1812 in Monroe Co. (Barren Co.), KY
- Phebe A. HARLAN b: 1814/1815 in Monroe Co. (Barren Co.), KY
- Elijah McNeiley HARLAN b: 12 Sep 1816 in Monroe Co. (Barren Co.), KY