Name: Elijah ROGERS Sr.
Given Name: Elijah
Birth: 1775/1780 in VA (KY)
Death: 1839/1840 in Ripley Co., IN
Elijah may have been previously married as two of his children appear to have been born befor e his marriage to Wilmouth Griffin.
Change Date: 18 Feb 2016 at 09:23:07
In 1810 Elijah lived in Franklin Co., KY (page 161) (00110-20100-00) with a wife, 2 daughter s and another male, probably a brother. In 1820 he lived in Jefferson Co., IN (page 293) (300 010-12010-01) with his wife, 3 sons, 3 daughters, and 1 slave. In 1830 he lived in Switzerlan d Co., IN (page 64) (1130000100000-011110100000). Elijah purchased land in Ripley Co., IN o n 29 July 1831. He was a teacher.
Elijah's will was probated 27 Feb 1840. (Book B, page 13). His will was written 14 Jan 1839 , and in it he left: "Catherine, two dollars, Elizabeth two dollars, Heziak two dollars, Nanc y two dollars, Lucinda four dollars and William and George provided they stay with Elijah unt il they are twenty one are to have a horse and a heifer a piece ..." John inherited one pla t of land and Elijah Jr. two.
Father: John ROGERS b: ABT 1750 in VA
Mother: Elizabeth b: ABT 1753 in VA
Wilmouth GRIFFIN b: 1784/1790 in VA
2 Jul 1807
in Gallatin Co., KY
- Catherine ROGERS b: 1804/1805 in KY
- Hezekiah ROGERS b: 3 Mar 1806 in VA
- Elizabeth ROGERS b: 18 Dec 1808 in Gallatin Co., KY
- Nancy ROGERS b: ABT 1812
- John G. ROGERS b: 1815/1816 in IN
- Elijah ROGERS Jr. b: 29 Nov 1818 in Marion Co., IN
- William ROGERS b: 7 May 1821 in IN
- Lucinda ROGERS b: 14 Apr 1825 in IN
- George Washington ROGERS b: 4 Mar 1829 in IN