Name: Daniel Burdick STILLMAN
Prefix: Deacon 1 2 3 4 5
Birth: 27 AUG 1801 in Petersburg, Rensselaer Co., New York
Death: 8 MAY 1883 in Nile, Allegany Co., New York
Religion: Seventh-Day Baptist
Change Date: 5 JUN 2010
Daniel Burdick Stillman 1807-1883
Categories: Deacon / Deaconess, The Sabbath Recorder Obituary, The Seventh Day Baptist General Conference Yearbook
"The Sabbath Recorder", Vol 39, No 21, p 5, May 24, 1883.
At his residence in Nile, Allegany Co., N. Y., May 8, 1883, of pneumonia, Dea. Daniel B. Stillman, in the 76th year of his age.
"SDB Anniversaries 1881-1885", Gen Conf Minutes Sep. 19, 1883, p 15.
Dea. Daniel B. Stillman died at Nile, N. Y., May 8, 1883, in the 76th year of his age. He was born in the town of Petersburg, Aug. 27, 1807. When he was about seven years old, his parents settled in Allegany county. He was a constituent member of the Amity Church, which was organized in 1834, and served that church as clerk until 1860. He was chosen deacon in 1851. He was subsequently a member of the following churches: Scio, Richburg, and finally Friendship. He was a faithful attendant on all the appointments of the church.
Admitted abt 1830 - Alfred, New York.
dismissed to Scio, NY
Seventh-day Baptist Church. - This has existed since May 15, 1834, when 24 persons of this faith were organized into a church by a council convened for this purpose at the Davis school house, two miles north of the later village of Scio. This was called "The Amity Church" and the constituent members were Jesse B., John C. and Rachel Cartwright, Davis, Daniel B., Nancy and Sarah Stillman, Theodoty, Theodoty, Jr., and Silas G. Bliven, James and Susan Weed, John and Ruth Maxson, Jesse, Ethan and Hannah Rogers, Philemon and Lydia Green, William Millard, Buell Oviat, Judith Lester and Hannah Burdick....
Father: Davis STILLMAN b: 27 SEP 1774
Mother: Sarah ?Sally? BURDICK b: 1779 in Hopkinton, Kings Co., Rhode Island
Ann MIX b: 12 JUL 1807
- Lucinda M. STILLMAN b: 20 MAR 1834 in Richburg, Allegany Co., New York
- Lymon Abraham STILLMAN b: 4 MAY 1837 in Scio, Allegany Co., New York
- Text: Rootsweb Worldconnect database by Jon Saunders, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=:2232377
- Text: Allegany County and its people. A centennial memorial history of Allegany County, N. Y. Also histories of the towns of the County by Merrill, Mrs. Georgia Drew, ed.
- Text: Title: ?The Descendants of Robert Burdick of Rhode Island?, Author: Nellie W. Johnson
Publication: The Syracuse Typesetting Co., Syracuse, NY; Date: 1937
- Text: Book ?First Alfred Seventh Day Baptist Church Membership Records, Alfred, New York?;Author: Ilou M. Sanford
Publication: Heritage Books, Inc., Bowie, MD; Date: 1995
- Text: Stillman Website URL: http://www.stillman.org/