Name: Henry Jeffers GARTHWAITE 1 2
Birth: 1806 in Duanesburgh, Schenectady Co., New York
Death: 15 NOV 1896 in Milton Junction, Rock Co., Wisconsin
Burial: Rock River Cemetery, Milton Township, Rock Co., Wisconsin
Change Date: 12 AUG 2006
Census: 1880 Milton, Rock Co., Wisconsin: age 74, farmer
Henry Jeffers Garthwaite 1806-1896
The Sabbath Recorder Obituary
"The Sabbath Recorder", Vol 52, No 48, p 767, Nov. 30, 1896.
Henry Jeffres Garthwait died at the home of his son Orson C. Garthwait, in Milton Junction, Wis., Nov. 15, 1896, in the 91st year of his age.
He was born in Duanesburgh, N. Y., in 1806. In 1832 he was married, in Scott, N. Y., to Miss Mercy Crandall, with whom he lived until his death, a period of nearly 65 years. In the same year of his marriage he experienced religion and united with the Scott, N. Y., Seventh-day Baptist church. They resided in Scott until 1843, when they removed to Victory, N. Y., and in 1851 they removed to the town of Milton, Wis., locating in the Rock River neighborhood. He changed his membership from the Scott to the Rock River church, and retained his membership in the Rock River church until his death. The genuineness of his Christian profession was proven by a well ordered life. The funeral services were conducted by pastor, Geo. W. Burdick, of Milton Junction. The interment was at Rock River. G. W. B.
Mercy CRANDALL b: 3 OCT 1807 in Brookfield, Madison Co., New York
in Scott, Cortland Co., New York
- Lucius Henry GARTHWAITE b: 30 DEC 1838 in Scott, Cortland Co., New York
- Esther A. GARTHWAITE b: 1 APR 1841 in Scott, Cortland Co., New York
- Orson Crandall GARTHWAITE b: 17 OCT 1843 in Victory, Cayuga Co., New York
- pharozine A. GARTHWEITE b: 1847 in New York
- Josephine A. GARTHWAITE b: 1 APR 1850 in New York
- Text: Rootsweb Worldconnect database by Jon Saunders, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=:2232377
- Text: Book, Title: ?Elder John Crandall of Rhode Island and His Descendants? by John Cortland Crandall; Higginson Book Co., Salem MA; Date: 1949