Name: Josiah (sr.) BALDWIN
Given Name: Josiah (sr.)
Birth: abt. 1642 in Milford, CT
Death: 1683 in Milford, CT
Christening: June 25, 1666 Milford, CT (24-25 yrs. of age)
Josiah Baldwin married Mercy Camp in Milford, CT, New Haven Co., June 25, 1666, the same day he was christened, age 24-25 years. Josiah and Mercy Baldwin had 7 children together: Abigail, Sarah, Mary, Elizabeth, Samuel, Josiah (jr.), and Remember Baldwin. Josiah died in 1683, aged 41 years.
The inventory of Josiah Baldwin's estate was taken on Nov. 2, 1683 (after Josiah's death) (Ackley-Bosworth Genealogy).
(Other Sources: New Haven Probate Records 1 pt. 2:83; The American Genealogist 26:12-14; New Haven County Court Records, 1:151; Donald L. Jacobus book Families of Old Fairfield, 1:487-88; The American Genealogist 35:226-27; New Jersey Archives, Wills, 1:24; Milford Land Records, 3:302; Milford Vital & Church Records, checked with the Baldwin Genealogy and the George Clarke Bryant; Lucy M. (Ruhman) Weaver , Apr., 2002).
Father: John BALDWIN b: June 24, 1619 in Clinton, Buckinghamshire, England
Mother: Mary CAMP b: 1621
Mercy CAMP b: 1646-48 in England or CT
June 25, 1666
in Milford, CT
- Sarah BALDWIN b: March 29, 1667 -68 in Milford, New Haven Co., CT
- Abigail BALDWIN b: abt. 1666 in Milford, CT
- Mary BALDWIN b: Sept. 14, 1670 in Milford, CT
- Elizabeth BALDWIN b: Dec. 19, 1672 in Milford, CT
- Samuel BALDWIN b: Mar. 14, 1674 in Milford, CT
- Josiah (jr.) BALDWIN b: Mar. 21, 1676-77 in Milford, CT
- Remember BALDWIN b: Feb. 29, 1678-79 in Milford, CT