Name: Joseph CROWFOOT
Given Name: Joseph
Birth: abt. 1630 in Cornwall, England
Death: Apr. 8, 1678 in Springfield, MA
Joseph Crowfoot immigrated abt. 1655 from England to America. He settled in CT, and on Apr. 15, 1658 he m. Mary Hilliard (Hillyer). Joseph and Mary H. Crowfoot had 9 children: Joseph (jr.), Mary, John, Samuel, James, Daniel, Matthew, David, and Sarah Crowfoot. Joseph died at age 47 years, 1 year after Sarah's birth.
Joseph Crowfoot's will (recorded in vol.2, p.12 of the Old Hampshire Probate records at Northhampton, MA): made wife, Mary, sole executor, to son, Joseph, 20 shillings, all the rest he left to Mary to bring up the children, but if she marries again, the remainder was to be equally divided amongst the children, only Joseph to have a double portion. He also requests of his 2 brothers, James Hillyer and Andrew Hillyer (actually brothers-in-law)to be overseers of this, signed Mar. 23, 1677-78. Joseph A. Crowfoot, his mark.
Mary HILLYER Hilliard b: Dec. 25, 1639 in Windsor, Hartford Co., CT
Apr. 15, 1658
in Windsor, CT
- Mary CROWFOOT b: Jan. 11, 1694-95 in Weathersfield, Hartford Co., CT
- Joseph CROWFOOT b: June 29, 1660 in Springfield, Hampden Co., MA.
- John CROWFOOT b: Aug. 2, 1663 in Springfield, MA
- Samuel CROWFOOT b: Oct. 13, 1665 in Springfield, MA
- James CROWFOOT b: Jan. 23, 1666-67 in Springfield, MA
- Daniel CROWFOOT b: Jan. 23, 1668-69 in Springfield, MA
- Matthew CROWFOOT b: Apr. 5, 1672 in Springfield, MA
- David CROWFOOT b: Oct. 11, 1674 in Springfield, MA
- Sarah CROWFOOT b: Aug. 13, 1677 in Springfield, MA