Name: John MEAD
Birth: ABT. 1634 in England
Death: 5 FEB 1698/99 in Greenwich, Fairfield County, Connecticut
Reference Number: 3890
John Mead married, probably 1657, Hannah Potter daughter of William Potter of Stamford. Childern:
1. John born about 1658 and died May 12 1693; married in 1681 Ruth Hardy.
2. Joseph born May 2 1660 died in 1725: married Mary.
3. Hannah born about 1661; married July 12 1677 John Scofield.
4. Ebenzer  born about 1663 or 1664.
5. Jonathan married Martha.
6. David married Dec. 16 1707 Abigail Leane.
7. Benjamin born in May 1666 died Feb. 27 1746; married [first] May 10 1700 Sarah Waterbury; [second] about 1716 Racheal Brown.
8. Nathaniel born about 1669 died 1703; married Rachel, who married [second] James Ferris Jr.
9. Samuel born about 1673 died in 1711; married in 1695 Hannah.
10. Elizabeth mentioned in her grandfathers will in 1684 evidently died before March 16 1695 or 1696. Also called Mary.
John (1) removed from Hempstead, Long Island to Old Greenwich (now Sound Beach) in 1660 and purchased land from Richard Crab on Oct. 26 as it appeared in a deed in the town records.
Source:The Mead Family by Spencer P. Mead PAGE: 186
The above source says that Hannah's last name was Potter.
History and Genealogy of the Mead Family by Spencer P. Mead on page 3 says the last name was Porter. This may be a typo on these pages as they were type written by the author. It also says " John
_hite died _ _b 5, 1699 ".
Colonial Families of the United States of America: Volume 5
[p.386] ISSUE JOHN MEAD, of Horse Neck (Greenwich) Connecticut; b. 1634; d. 5th February, 1699. Was a member of the Assembly of General Court from Greenwich, 1679, 1680 and 1686; m. 1657, Hannah POTTER, dau. of
Father: William MEAD b: ABT. 1600 in England
Mother: Martha BARKER b: ABT. 1604 in Lydd, Kent, England
Hannah POTTER b: 1638 in New Haven, Connecticut
- Jonathan MEAD b: ABT. 1665