Name: James Taylor
Given Name: James
Birth: EST 1630 in Carlisle, , England 1
Death: ABT 1698 in , , Virginia, America
Immigration: BEF 1650 Mattaponi River, Virginia, America 2
Ms Ariclu notes, "James Taylor, ancestor of the Caroline county family of that name, is said to have come from the vicinity of Carlisle, England."
Change Date: 4 Apr 2008 at 16:11:05
And, also, "James Taylor died about 1698 at an advanced age. An old ring handed down in the family is said to have once been his property, and it bears engraved upon it the .. crest which is that of the Taylors of Pennington Castle."
James was one of nine children of Thomas Taylor (1574-1618) & Margaret Swinderby. From http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~pmcbride/james/f061.htm:
4. Thomas Taylor <s20.htm>, born March 15, 1574, of Hadley, Middlesex, died about 1618, married October 9, 1599, Margaret Swinderry (Swinderby) <g13.htm>, born about 1578, from Copenhagen, Denmark, daughter of Andrew Swinderby, born about 1552. They had the following children:
1. Robert Taylor, born November 7, 1601, Carlisle, co. Cumberland, England.
2. Margaret Taylor, born September 10, 1603, Carlisle, co. Cumberland, England.
3. William Taylor, born July 8, 1605, Carlisle, co. Cumberland, England.
4. John Taylor, born August 10, 1607, Carlisle, co. Cumberland, England.
5. Jane Taylor, born December 25, 1609, Carlisle, co. Cumberland, England.
6. James Taylor the Elder <f061.htm>, born February 12, 1610, Carlisle, co. Cumberland, England. See below.
7. Ann Taylor, born about 1611.
8. William Taylor, born in 1613.
9. Richard Taylor, born in 1615.
- Martha Taylor b: 14 Mar 1668 in , , Virginia, America
- Jane Taylor b: 27 Dec 1668 in , , Virginia, America
- James Taylor b: 14 Mar 1674/1675 in , Caroline, Virginia, America
- Sarah Taylor b: 1676 in Hare Forest, New Kent County, Virginia, America
in , , Virginia, America 2
- Elizabeth Taylor b: 1684 in , , Virginia, America
- John Taylor b: 1685 in , , Virginia, America
- Anne Taylor b: 1685 in , , Virginia, America
- Mary Taylor b: 29 Jun 1688 in , Caroline, Virginia, America
- Edmund Taylor b: 5 Jul 1690 in , King and Queen, Virginia, America
- John Taylor b: 1693 in , , Virginia, America
- John Taylor b: 18 Nov 1696 in , , Virginia, America
- Title: Author's Deduction
Author: Taylor, Raplh
Note: Based on migration to Virignia, ca1650/1654.
Date: 4 Apr 2008
- Title: http://www.geocities.com/janet_ariciu/Taylor.html
Author: Ariclu, Janet
Publication: World-Wide Web
Text: 2. James Taylor JR, born March 14, 1674/75 in Caroline Co., VA; died June 26, 1729 in Bloomsbury, Orange CO., VA; married Martha Thompson February 23, 1698/99. Children:(1 George and Rachel Gibson children were: Edmund b 1744-96 m'd Sarah Stubbs (to Ky)George b 17700-1823Ky m 1 Mary Berry Taylor and 2 1807 Eliz Pearson> Frances Edloe of Denton County, TX.; 2 Zachary b 1707-68 m'd Elizabeth Lee and others> Richard m Sarah Strother> Zacharey b 1784 m --- Smith and became President of the United States> Sarah Knox m 1835 Jefferson Davis Pres Southern Confederacy;) They had nine children. Two of these were grandparents of Presidents of the United States This Taylor gave ten sons to the Revolution: Charley, Francis, Reuben, William, James, Jonathan, Edmund, Richard, John, and Benjamin. James,Tabitha, Erasmus Taylor.
Date: 23 Feb 2008