Name: Neils Christian Anderson SCHOW 1 2 3
Birth: 9 FEB 1816 in Sck. Mortens, Randers, Randers, Denmark
Death: 2 FEB 1879 in Panguitch, Garfield, Utah 4
Christening: 26 JUL 1816 Randers, Randers, Denmark
Burial: 5 FEB 1879 Panguitch City Cemetery, Garfield, Utah
Emigration: 22 DEC 1853 From Copenhagen on steamship Slesvig
Endowment: 20 MAR 1857 EHOUS 5
Sealing Child: 13 DEC 1991 LANGE 6
LDS Baptism: 27 OCT 1850 3
Ancestral File #: 1DGG-07
Residence: ABT. 1867 Panaca, Lincoln, NV
Reference Number: 1DGG-07
He was a tailor, was fairly well educated, and was musically talented serving as a choir leader and playing in a band.
He was ordained a teacher in Aalborg, 1850. He was one of the first 12 converts of Denmark to hold the Priesthood. Ordained an Elder 4 Jan 1852 and presided over Aalborg Branch. He became president of the Vendsyssel Conference on 12 Aug 1852. He did missionary work north of Aalborg.
Helped found Mantua, Box Elder, Utah, in the spring of 1863. He was the first Superintendent of the Sunday School there. Moved to Panaca between 1866 and 1869 to help start the settlement. Released from Panaca, and called to Panguitch in 1871.
IGI lists Father as Anders Stubsgaard Or
On Ancestral File, his parents were also listed as Anders Christensen (Studsgaard) and Anne Pedersen. (#3774 and 3775)
He has a journal and detailed letters somewhere.
Birth and marr rec in poss of Delbert Schow, 415 E 6620 South, Murray, UT EH rec; Temple Index Bureau Records; deceased members file
Panaca Ward Records: His parents were Andrew and Anna Schow, and arrived in the Panacca, Nevada, ward sometime before 1869.
Sailed from Copenhagen 22 Dec 1853 on the steamship "Slesvig," under the presidency of Christian J. Larsen. To Liverpool by way to Kiel, Gluckstadt, and Hull, where they arrived 28 Dec 1853, and left 3 Jan 1854 on the "Jesse Munn" for the Mississippi River (16 Jan 1854), and New Orleans (20 Jan 1854 or 16 Feb 1854). Continued up the river to Kansas City, Missouri. Crossed the plains with Captain Hans Peter Olsen on 9 May 1854. Arrived in Salt Lake 5 Oct 1854. Settled in Bountiful, Utah. Later moved to Brigham City, where he was part of a band in the early 1860s.
1993 ARIZO, from Elaine McIver
The couple was among the first 8 baptized in Aalborg on 27 Oct 1850. The others were Hans Peter Jensen (who was their Baptist leader before joining), Sarah Josephine Katrine Jensen, Ole Christian Nielsen, Else Katrine Nielsen, Hans Frederik Petersen, and Helene Nathilde Petersen.
Niels was one of the first 12 converts of Denmark to hold the Priesthood. On January 4, 1852 Niels was ordained an Elder and appointed to preside over the Aalborg Branch.
Father: Anders Jensen SCHOW b: 1783 in Skovhus, Solberg, Aalborg, Denmark
Mother: Anne E. CHRISTENSDATTER b: 23 FEB 1783 in Bygum, Osterbolle, Viborg, Denmark c: 23 FEB 1783 in Bygum, Osterbolle, Viborg, Denmark
Marie PEDERSDATTER b: 10 JUN 1809 in Gug, S. Tranders, Aalborg, Denmark c: 23 JUL 1809 in Gug, S. Tranders, Aalborg, Denmark
5 APR 1839
in Budolfi, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark
- Sealing Spouse:
20 MAR 1857
- Ira (Erich) Christian From SCHOW b: 7 OCT 1835 in Kirkegarden, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark c: 19 NOV 1837 in Vor Frue, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark
- Andrew Peter SCHOW b: 2 NOV 1839 in Kirkegarden, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark c: 5 JAN 1840 in Vor Frue, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark
- Kirstine Rasmine SCHOW b: 1 JAN 1842 in Vor Frue, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark c: 28 MAR 1842 in Vor Frue, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark
- Christena Rasmine SCHOW b: 19 JAN 1844 in Vor Frue, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark c: 5 MAY 1844 in Vor Frue, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark
- Michsel Jewel SCHOW b: 16 SEP 1845 in Budolfi, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark
- James-Jens SCHOW b: 12 SEP 1848 in Aalborg, Randers, Denmark
- Mary Magdaline SCHOW b: 13 SEP 1851 in Budolfi, Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark
Anne ANDERSON b: 1822 in Denmark
Anne Marie Kirstine RASMUSSEN b: 3 APR 1842 in Sonder Galton, Arhus, Denmark c: 20 MAY 1842 in Sonder Galton, Arhus, Denmark
19 OCT 1861
in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah
- Sealing Spouse:
19 OCT 1861
They married less than a month after Anne's family arrived in Brigham City. He was 26 years her senior, and living with a wife and seven children already.
- Marie SCHOW b: 3 AUG 1863 in Brigham City, Box Elder, Utah
- Gedske SCHOW b: 20 SEP 1864 in Mantua, Box Elder, Utah
- Neils Christian SCHOW b: 6 DEC 1866 in Mantua, Box Elder, Utah
- Anne SCHOW b: 3 APR 1871 in Panaca, Lincoln, Nevada
- Louis Rasmussen SCHOW b: 6 APR 1873 in Panguitch, Garfield, Utah
- Anna Marie C SCHOW b: 4 DEC 1874 in Panguitch, Garfield, Utah
- Charles (Carl) Fredrick SCHOW b: 4 DEC 1874 in Panguitch, Garfield, Utah
- Title: IGI
Note: ABBR IGI
Page: Batch 6940704, call #040995-041002, 041933-041948, 157158, 216678,00939, 040947
- Title: Biography, copy in possession of Heather Schick Shelton.
Note: ABBR Biography
- Title: Panaca, Nevada Ward Records, FHL #14,914
Note: ABBR Panaca, Nevada Ward Records
- Title: Panguitch Camp Cemetary Records, FHL #1,598,150
Note: ABBR Panguitch Camp Cemetary Records
- Title: Elaine McIver
Note: ABBR Elaine McIver
- Title: Kirsten's Courage and Tears
Note: ABBR Kirsten's Courage and Tears
Page: 13 Oct 1867, SGEOR