Name: Henry Y. WHITLOW
Given Name: Henry Y.
Birth: ABT 1730 in Henrico Co., VA
Death: 1783 in Mecklenburg Co, VA
Henry and older brother James moved to Lunenberg Co., VA about 1760. Their land fell into Mecklenburg Co., VA when it was formed.
Change Date: 29 Jun 2000 at 23:28:12
Will recorded Aug 11 1783 Mecklenburg Co., VA. His wife, Anne was the daughter of a MEALER. She is named in his will. Some relevant documented information is that some sources say that their daughter (Nancy) Ann Mealer WHITLOW was born in 1767. Some sources say 1776 but that would not fit our hypotheses and could well be a transposition of 1767 in copying. Further, a 1776 birth would make her nine years old when she married.
Many sources agree that John G. Glidewell was born in 1760, seven years before his wife and died in 1836. Both facts fit these hypotheses. They married in 1785. Sister-brother marriages such as (Nancy Ann Whitlow) & John G. GLIDEWELL followed by Hannah GLIDEWELL and Thomas WHITLOW were documented in other families of the time.
Children listed in the will are:
Executors: Son Cox Whitlow and Mathias Mealer
Father: James WHITLOW Sr. b: ABT 1700
Mother: Edith COX b: 1703
Ann MEALER b: 6 Sep 1735 in Middlesex Co., VA
- Nicholas WHITLOW b: 13 Jul 1754 in Henrico, VA
- Cox WHITLOW b: 1756 in VA
- Thomas WHITLOW b: 1758 in VA
- Henry WHITLOW b: 1760 in VA
- Nancy Ann Mealer WHITLOW b: 1762 in VA
- John WHITLOW b: 1764 in VA
- William WHITLOW b: 1766 in VA
- Tabitha WHITLOW b: 1770 in VA
- Mathias Matthew WHITLOW b: 6 Apr 1776 in Mecklenburg Co., VA