Name: John YOUNG
Birth: 1795 in Darmstadt, Hesse, Germany
Death: 10 DEC 1864 in Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania
Burial: DEC 1864 Alleghenny Cemetery, Butler St., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Immigration: APR 1817 Arrived in America
Both John Young and John Henry Breidenthal came from Darmstadt, Hesse, Ger many.
Have you ever found the Citizenship records for John Henry Breidenthal? Jo hn Young came to America in
April of 1817.
In 1850, my great grandfather, "Franklin" (Benjamin Franklin) Young and h is brother-in-law, John Ramsey were listed as operating an omnibus busine ss in Pittsburg. John Ramsey was listed as an omnibus proprietor and "Fran klin" was listed as a Driver. Also living with John Ramsey in 1850 was Wil liam Elder, also listed as an omnibus driver.
I do not have Ancestry, so I have no census record for Matthew Breidenth al in Pittsburgh. A friend who has Ancestry has tried to locate this fami ly there in 1850 (they went to Minnesota in 1855), but apparently the cens us taker spelled the name wrong and thus Matthew Breidenthal was not fou nd .
From: "MaryLu" McClure email@example.com
1850 United States Federal Census
Wilkins, Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania
Family Number: 117
John Ramsey, age 26
Mary J. Ramsey 19
Mary Ramsey, age 2
Joseph Ramsey, age 0
Franklin Young, age 20
William Elder, age 20
Mary Kuhns, age 62
Jacob Young operated inns and taverns in the Borough of Bedford, Bedford C o., Pennsylvania.
By 1846, John had disposed of his properties in Bedford County, and mov ed to Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania.
John Young's 1823 Citizenship records note that on August 6, 1818, he decl ared his intention to become a citizen of the United States of America(unr eadable word) all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign premier, potentat e, State of Sovereignty whatever and particularly to the Duke of Hepe Darm stadt and Emperor of Germany.
Eleanor SMITH b: 2 FEB 1802 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania
- Joseph S. M. YOUNG b: BET 1821 AND 1827 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania
- Henrietta Eleanor YOUNG b: 30 APR 1823 in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
- John Quincy Adams YOUNG b: ABT 1825 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania
- Benjamin Franklin YOUNG b: 31 AUG 1829 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania
- Mary Jane YOUNG b: 4 JAN 1831 in Maryland
- Anna Barbara YOUNG b: 7 NOV 1833 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania
- Esther Louise YOUNG b: 2 NOV 1836 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania
- Samuel M. Barclay YOUNG b: 14 APR 1839 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania
- William YOUNG b: BET 1840 AND 1841 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania
- Frederick William YOUNG b: 16 APR 1842 in Bedford Co., Pennsylvania