Name: Keziah J. Hicks
Given Name: Keziah J.
Birth: 18 Jan 1832 in Tennessee
Death: 23 Oct 1906 in Smith County, Texas
Burial: Marvin Chapel Cemetery, Van Zandt County, (near Van), Texas
Ancestral File #: 70011
Believed to have been a member of the Cherokee Nation.
Change Date: 13 Jul 2008 at 08:36:10
Mexican War Pension Applications
Name : Keziah Maxfield / William Maxfield
Date - Ref# : March 3,1888 - C5815
Source : Texas State Archives and Heritage House 1985
Records in National Archives in Washington DC
Isaac Hicks Family in Rusk County in 1850 is the most likely family of Keziah Hicks, based on the bible names given to other children in that family.
buried with husband at marvin chapel cemetary near van, TX Have photo ofgravestone,
was full blooded Cherokee Indian.
William M. Maxfield b: 8 Apr 1821 in Tennessee
11 Nov 1847
in Rusk County, Texas 1
- Mary Jane Maxfield b: ABT 1848 in Smith County, Texas
- Sarah Maxfield b: ABT 1850 in Smith County, Texas
- John Caddell Maxfield b: ABT 1852 in Smith County, Texas
- William Green Maxfield b: 1857 in Mount Sylvan, Smith County, Texas
- Newton Seymour Maxfield b: 28 Dec 1858 in Mount Sylvan, Smith County, Texas
- Margaret L. Maxfield b: Jan 1861 in Smith County, Texas
- Amanda Maxfield b: Abt. 1864 in Mount Sylvan, Smith County, Texas
- Asbury Ginn (Bud) Maxfield b: 24 Feb 1867 in Smith County, Texas
- James Robert Maxfield I. Md. b: 28 Oct 1871 in Smith County, Texas
- Title: Marriage Records - Rusk County, Texas