Name: Mary <OTT> 1
Birth: 1787 in South Carolina 1
Death: AFT. 1850
Mrs Mary Ott appears on the 1850 census for Union Parish, Louisiana. The name of her (late) husband is unknown. It is my guess that he was part of the Caspar Ott Jr family of Orangeburgh, South Carolina, solely because: (1) Mary was born in that state, and (2) some of Joel Ott's children and grandchildren referred to "cousins" in Mississippi who are otherwise unaccounted for. Note, however, that my identification of Joel with Caspar Ott Jr's family is itself only guesswork.
From the 1850 census, the evidence is good that Annie, Eli, and Daniel were her children. Elizabeth, Alen and Aaron are placed here based mainly on circimstantial evidence.
These notes are copyright (c) 2000 by T. Mark James (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any commercial use requires prior written consent from the copyright holder.
David OTT b: 1784-1790 in Orangeburgh SC
- Elizabeth Jane OTT b: 19 Feb 1810 in South Carolina
- Aaron OTT b: 1815 in Mississippi
- Anna V. OTT b: 1815-1820 in South Carolina
- Allen Darling OTT b: 1817 in South Carolina
- Eli OTT b: 8 Sep 1821 in Mississippi
- Daniel V. OTT b: 1829 in Mississippi
- Title: 1850 Census, Union Parish, Louisiana
Page: household 608/608