Name: William Burton TYNES 1 2 3 4
ALIA: William Burton /Tines/
Birth: 4 Sep 1858 in Carroll Co TN 2 5 4
Changed the spelling of his surname to Tines by 1890. (Vernon Tines)
The 1900 census shows the name still spelled Tynes. It gives William's birth month as September 1855 (instead of 1858), and his age as 54, which makes no sense. His age is 3 on the 1860 census, and 12 on the 1870.
A W. B. Tines died in Dyer County, Tennessee, in 1909, and a William Tines died in Sevier County, Tennessee, in 1910. One of these may be our William.
Father: Isaac N. TYNES b: 1829 in Virginia
Mother: Sarah <TYNES> b: 1836 in Tennessee
Martha Lorrene KENNEDY b: 16 Apr 1857 in Tennessee
- Thomas Newton TINES b: 8 Jun 1878 in Carroll Co TN
- William Percy TINES b: 15 Sep 1881 in Carroll Co TN
- Connie Stephen TINES b: 10 Jul 1884 in Carroll Co TN
- Callie Diane TINES b: Sep 1885 in Carroll Co TN
Callie Frances FULLER b: Dec 1865 in Tennessee
- Title: 1860 Census, Carroll County, Tennessee
Page: page 17, household 197/195
- Title: 1870 Census, Carroll County, Tennessee
Page: page 337, household 127/127
- Title: 1900 Census, Carroll County, Tennessee
Page: E D 131, sheet 6B, household 107/117
- Title: 1880 Census, Carroll County, Tennessee
Page: E D 12, page 63B, household 107/107
- Title: E-mail from Vernon Tines dated 21 June 2000
Note: Based on research by Lorene Tines Pafford Davis.