Name: MARIE (Mary) Madeleine DE LA CHAUMETTE 1
Birth: ABT. 1684 in Rochechouart, Poitiers, FRANCE
xv. MARIE MADELEINE DE LA CHAUMETTE, b. 1673, Rochechouart, Poitiers, France; d. Unknown. Daughter of DANIEL LA CHAUMETTE and MARIE COUTURIER. Sources include Robert S. Riley, History of the Shumate Family, Kentucky Pioneers (Utica, KY: McDowell Publications, 1992).
5. DANIEL DE5 LA CHAUMETTE (JEAN4 DE LA CHAUMETTE, JEAN3, ETIENNE2, FRANCOIS1) was born 1619 in Charente, France, and died Unknown. He married (1) GENEVIEVE FOURGEAUD Abt. 1653 in , , France. She was born Abt. 1630 in Paris, , France, and died Unknown. He married (2) MARIE AU COUTURIER April 30, 1653 in de Confolens, Charente, France. She was born 1630 in LaSuderie, France, and died Bet. 1675-1725. --Descendants of Francois De La Chaumette <http://www.geocities.com/hartranfthistory/Shumate.htm>
3. MARY MADELEINE2 DE LA CHAUMETTE (DANIEL1) was born Abt. 1684. She married (1) CAPT SIR EDWARD HOGUE 1697 in Saintonge, Poitou. She married (2) MARC HARDOUIN, son of PIERRE HARDOUIN.
Notes for MARC HARDOUIN: to America at least as early as 1710.
Notes for CAPT SIR EDWARD HOGUE: an English naval officer.
Child of MARY DE LA CHAUMETTE and MARC HARDOUIN is:
8. i. ANN3 HARDIN, b. Abt. 1730. --Descendants of Daniel de la Chaumette <http://www.geocities.com/saulsville/ftree/shumate.html>
The de la CHAUMETTE surname became SHUMATE in America. Daniel SHUMATE, said to be Mark HARDIN's brother-in-law, witnessed Mark HARDIN's will in 1734.
Father: DANIEL LA CHAUMETTE
Mother: MARIE COUTURIER
Sir Edward (Captain) HOGUE
in Saint Onge in Poitou, FRANCE
MARK (Marc) HARDIN b: ABT. 1685 in FRANCE or ENGLAND
- JOHN Sr. (Major) HARDIN b: 1707 in ENGLAND or Newfoundland, CANADA
- Mary HARDIN
- Martin Sr. [I] HARDIN b: 1716
- Martha HARDIN
- Mark HARDIN
- Abigail HARDIN
- Ann HARDIN
- Henry HARDIN
- Elizabeth HARDIN
- Alis (Alice) HARDIN
- Title: Controversial Theories about the Early Genealogy of the Hardin Family
Author: Bill Hardin <email@example.com>