Name: John(Jehu) Newton Crouch
Given Name: John(Jehu) Newton
Change Date: 24 MAR 2008
Based on circumstantial evidence, we assign Mary L. Briles to Jehu Crouch for the following reasons:
Birth: 4 FEB 1846
Death: 13 DEC 1912 in Guilford County, NC
Burial: Oakwood Cemetery, High Point, Guilford Co. NC 1
The 1870 (AGE 1) and 1880 (AGE 10) census has Mary L. Briles assigned to Ben Franklin Briles and living in Randolph County.
The 1900 census has Mary listed as Mary L. Crouch with the date of birth of 1869. Unconfimred source has them married on 26 Sep 1895. Also assigned is a daughter Oleta O. Briles born in 1899.
Gravesite photos has Mary B. Crouch buried beside Jehu Crouch and his first wife, Mary Elizabeth Crouch.
Mary Briles Crouch passed in 17 April 1902.
There is no other Mary L. Briles known in the database. Most or all have Mary L. Briles listed to Ben Franklin Briles. Based on the year and the location, we feel confident that the assignment is valid. The BIN is in the process of locating the marriage record for Mary and Jehu which will finalize this lineage. Until then we will leave it as such.
Mary L. Briles b: 1869 in Randolph County
- Virginia Oleta Crouch b: 12 OCT 1898
Magaret Elizabeth Bodenheimer b: 18 OCT 1852
15 SEP 1870
in Guilford County, NC
- Laura (Loura) Bell Crouch b: ABT 1872
- Effie Adline Crouch b: ABT 1874
- Harper Bemer Crouch b: ABT 1877
- Roxana Crouch b: ABT 1879
- Pearl Crouch b: AFT 1880
- Armenius Crouch b: AFT 1880
- Arthur Bascom Crouch b: ABT 1888
- Violet Lillian Crouch b: 3 JAN 1889 in Randolph County NC
- Hazel Crouch b: ABT 1891
Victoria Delphina Briles b: 8 SEP 1866 in Randolph County
- daughter Crouch b: 3 OCT 1903
- Jay T Crouch b: ABT 1905
- Robert Elwood Crouch b: 12 DEC 1907
- Hugh Richard Crouch b: 10 JUL 1910
- Abbrev: Photos of Gravesite -by R. Trent Briles
Title: Photos of Gravesite -by R. Trent Briles