Name: MARY HOLLYDAY
Birth: BET 1710 AND 1720 in Maryland
Death: BET 1745 AND 1748 in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
R. Barnes 1976, Maryland Marriages 1634-1777.
Robert Charles Andrson 1991, We Wuz Robbed!, Genealogical Journal of
the Utah Genealogical Association, vol. 19 #1 & #2. The Holliday,
Halliday Family, 929.273 A1 no. 545, copy in the Family History
Library, Salt Lake city, was written by Gustave Anjou (1863-1942),
author of numerous fraudulent genealogies.
Miles Philbeck, email@example.com, 27 June 1997. Of
Kent County, Delaware.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wellsfam/myst0697.html, Wells Family
Research Association, July 1997, "Mystery of the Month."
John B. Wells III 1997, The Big Sandy Wells Family, p. 4.
Elise Greenup Jourdan 1999, Early Families of Southern Maryland, vol.
7, pp. 227-256. Marriage of Mary Holliday and Richard Wells is given
under "Some Hollyday records of the Eastern Shore." Some other Queen
Anne County records of possible relevance are given in this source.
These records augmented from other sources appear to establish a
family link between George, Mary and Francis Hollyday. Francis
appears to have been the son of Edward Hollyday. Margaret included
as she is a contemporary in the same locale.
1) Margaret Hollyday married 6 December 1739 St. Luke's Parish to
2) George Hollyday marriage published 13 July 1738 St. Luke's Parish
to Mary Steward.
Estate of George Holiday, Queen Anne County, (will?) 18 July
1739, (probate?) 15 November 1739: mentions Mary Wells(!), Francis
Rochester, Francis Holladay; administrator/executor Mary Haladay.
[This appears to be the same George who married Mary Steward.]
Prerogative Court Abstracts, 1731-1737, Libers 11-15, p. 70.
Payment made to George Hollyday from estate of William Morrice Jr.,
15 March 1734. Also named is Humphry Wills!
Prerogative Court Abstracts, 1737-1744, Libers 16-20, p. 90.
George Hollyday, 26 June 17xx. List of payments made from his
estate. Executrix Mary Williams, wife of Edward Williams.
3) Mary Holliday married Richard Wells 12 August 1735.
4) Edward Hollyday/Holloday in Kent County 1709, 1710; (will?) 4
November 1738, (probate?) 15 June 1740, administrator Francis
Francis Holaday married 16 December 1736 Shrewsbury Parish, Kent
County, to Sarah Tompson.
Father: EDWARD HOLLYDAY
DR. RICHARD WELLS b: BET 1708 AND 1715 in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
12 AUG 1735
in St. Luke's Parish, Queen Anne's County, Maryland
- Sarah WELLS b: 7 JUN 1736 in St. Luke's Parish, Queen Anne's County, Maryland
- DR. HUMPHREY WELLS b: BET 1736 AND 1737 in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
- Rebecca WELLS b: 19 APR 1737 in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
- Richard WELLS b: BEF 1740 in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
- Dr. George WELLS b: 3 MAR 1743/1744 in Queen Anne's County, Maryland