Name: Joseph S. Hunt
Birth: ABT 1823 in NC
ALIA: Listed as "John F." In one Census Report
In 1850 Franklin Co., Hayesville, NC Census, Joseph S., 27, andElizabeth, 27, have 2 children at home (Martha, 2 and Mary 1).
In 1860 Franklin Co., Louisburg, NC Census, Joseph S., 37 (listed as JohnF.??), and Elizabeth J., 36, have 8 children at home: (Martha 12, Mary10, George 9, Sallie 7, Thomas 5, Paul (Robert P.) 3, Nancy 2, and Joseph6 months old. Joseph is called John H. in 1880 census?
In 1870 Frandlin Co., Hayesville, NC Census, Joseph S., 47, and ElizabethJ., 47, have the following 9 children at home:
Martha 21, Mary F. 19, Sallie 17, Thomas 16, Nancy 13, Robert 11, John10, Virginia 8, and Mettie G. 2).
Only child missing from this census report would be George, who would beapprox. 19).
In 1880 Census:
Joseph S. HUNT Self M Male W 57 NC Farmer NC NC
Bettie J. HUNT Wife M Female W 56 NC Keeping House NC NC
Robert P. HUNT Son S Male W 23 NC Farm Laborer NC NC
John H. HUNT Son S Male W 20 NC Farm Laborer NC NC
Jinnie F. HUNT Dau S Female W 17 NC NCNC
Metto G. HUNT Dau S Female W 13 NC NC NC
Census Place Haysville, Franklin, North Carolina
Family History Library Film 1254963
NA Film Number T9-0963
Page Number 532B
(Their son, George, 29, and wife, Ella, and their 3 children live inFreeman township.)
(Their son, Thomas L., 25, also lives in Hayesville very near them, withhis bride, Sallie).
(Their daughter Sallie R. Kearney 28 and husband, David, 31, live nextto them with their 4 children.)
Elizabeth J. Merritt b: ABT 1824 in NC
- Martha Hunt b: ABT 1847 in NC
- Mary F. Hunt b: ABT 1849 in NC
- George Hunt b: ABT 1851 in NC
- Sallie R. Hunt b: ABT 1853 in NC
- Thomas L. Hunt b: ABT 1855 in NC
- Nancy Acenthia Hunt b: ABT 1857 in Franklin Co.,Louisburg,NC (Both Parents Born In NC)
- Robert Hunt b: ABT 1859 in NC
- John (and or Joseph) Hunt b: ABT 1860 in NC
- Virginia Florence Hunt b: MAY 1863 in NC (Both Parents Born In NC)
- Mettie G. Hunt b: ABT 1868 in Franklin Co.,Hayesville,NC