Name: Joseph Warford ,Sr
Birth: ABT 1714 in Monmouth Co., NJ.
Death: 1774 in Warfordsburg, Bedford County, (Later Fulton Co., ) Pa.
Note: HISTORY: The following was taken from the Heady Family Newsletter. "The stream now known as Tonoloway Creek, but called 'Konolawa' by the Indians living along its bank and 'The Conolloways' by the white settlers, follows a meandering course through the southern part of present Fulton County, Pennsylvania crossing the boundary line into Maryland about three miles before it joins the Potomac at a point just below that river's northern most bend. The Big and Little Tonoloway Settlements lay about five miles north of the Potomac along branches of Tonoloway Creek and immediately west of the large and small basins named, respectively, the Great (Big) Cove and Little Cove. These settlements had been founded by a few Scotch-Irish immigrants, at least one Welch family (that of Evan Shelby), and a band of Monmouth and Middlesex county, New Jersey families, which included those of Moses GRAHAM, William Linn, Joseph WARFORD, Adam Stiger, John Melott, Benjamin TRUAX, and Elias, Richard and Jeremiah STILLWELL, Thomas Heady, Gavin EDDY, Samuel Hedden, the Coombs, Belieus, Applegates and no doubt others. Whether the Monmouth and Middlesex County families came as a unit or over a period of several years, is not known but they were all there by 1765 or earlier.|
Father: John Warford II b: 1683 in Eastchester, Westchester, New York
Mother: Elizabeth Stout b: ABT 1691 in New Jersey
Elizabeth Banner b: ABT 1721 in Ireland
in Monmouth Co., NJ.
- John Warford b: 1738 in Bethlehem, Hunterdon, New Jersey
- Henry Warford b: ABT 1741 in Bethlehem, Hunterdon, New Jersey
- Joseph Warford ,Jr b: ABT 1742 in Monmouth Co., NJ.
- James Warford b: ABT 1744 in Monmouth Co., NJ.
- Abigail Warford b: ABT 1746 in Monmouth Co., NJ.
- Jane Warford b: ABT 1748 in Hunterdon, New Jersey
- Sarah Warford b: 24 AUG 1752 in Hunterdon, New Jersey
- Elizabeth Warford b: ABT 1754 in Hunterdon, New Jersey
- Rachel Warford b: ABT 1756 in Hunterdon, New Jersey