Name: Eva Dorothea Rotter
Birth: 27 FEB 1692 in Uttenhoffen, Alsace-Lorraine 1
Death: AFT 1759 in York Co., PA
Note: 2 3|
Change Date: 27 DEC 2001
Anna Dorothea Rotter was born 27 Feb 1692 in Uttenhoffen, a legal daughter of Hans Georg Rotter, a citizen of Uttenhoffen, father's name unknown, and Anna Marie Volckel, legitimate daughter of Dorst Volckel, citizen of Uttenhoffen.
Uttenhoffen is in the parish of Gundershoffen, Bas Rhine, France, where this event is recorded. The area is north and a little west of Strasbourg and south of the Palatinate region of Germany.
Parish Rec. Evangelische Kirke, Gundershoffen, Bas-Rhine, France. Marr, 1682-1755, 1717. Same for birth 1692
Gundershoffen Lutheran records began in 1682. The births of Hans Georg Rotter and Anna Maria Volckel could not be studied.
The search for Emicks before 1717, in or near Gundershoffen parish, revealed no christening for Johannes. This indicates the Emichs came from another locality. After the defeat of Louis XIV in 1697, many reformed Swiss families came into the area of Gundershoffen to repopulate it. At the time of the emigration this region was German territory. Gundershoffen was under the Counts of Hanau-Lichernberg.
Canton Bern in Switzerland provided the majority of Swiss into the Alsatian territories. Of 441, approximately 400 came from Bern, 14 from Canton Zurich, and a few from other cantons.
From Lacy Weston via email 26 May 1997, a descendant of Anna Maria Emig and Antonius "Antony" Coble.
She is Anna in GER but listed as Eva Dorothea in PA records, mostly as a sponsor of her grandchildren.
Father: Hans Georg Rotter b: in Uttenhoffen, Alsace-Lorraine
Mother: Anna Maria Volckel b: in Uttenhoffen, Alsace-Lorraine
Johannes Amick b: ABT 1695 in GER
21 NOV 1717
in Uttenhoffen, Alsace-Lorraine 1
- Johan George Amick b: 18 JUN 1718 in Uttenhoffen, Alsace-Lorraine
- Nicholas Amick b: 24 MAY 1719 in Uttenhoffen, Alsace-Lorraine
- John Georg Amick b: 7 MAR 1721 in Uttenhoffen, Alsace-Lorraine
- Johannes Amick b: 14 MAR 1722 in Alsace-Lorraine
- Anna Maria Amick b: 6 JUL 1723 in Alsace-Lorraine
- Johan Daniel Amick b: 6 FEB 1727 in Alsace-Lorraine
- Jacob Amick b: 25 OCT 1728 in Alsace-Lorraine
- Magdalena Amick b: 28 SEP 1731 in Uttenhoffen, Alsace-Lorraine
- Maria Eleanora Amick b: ABT 1733
- George Valentine Amick b: ABT 1734 in PA
- Mathias Amick b: ABT 28 FEB 1736 in York Co., PA
- Type: Vital Record
Title: Marriages 1682-1755
Place: Parish Rec. Evangelische Kirke, Gundershoffen
Location: Bas-Rhine, France
- Author: Lacy Weston
Title: email Weston to Hal Amick
Date: 26 MAY 1997
Text: Ms. Weston is a descendant of Anna Maria Emig and Antonius "Antony" Coble
- Type: Letter
Title: Modified Register for Johannes Amick
Author: Barbara J. Nichols
Date: 16 June 2001