Name: John ROSENBERGER
Given Name: John
Note: This entry does not indicate by which wife John had his children.
Change Date: 7 Feb 2004 at 18:36:26|
Father: Henry ROSENBERGER b: ABT 1685/1695 in Germany
- Catharine ROSENBERGER b: 1750
- Henry ROSENBERGER b: ABT 1751
- Martin ROSENBERGER b: ABT 1753
- John ROSENBERGER Jr b: 3 May 1755
- Benjamin ROSENBERGER b: 1761
- Daniel ROSENBERGER b: ABT 1765 in Montgomery Co., PA
- Abraham ROSENBERGER b: ABT 1750/1770
- Title: A Genealogical Record of the Descendants of Henry Rosenberger of Franconia, Montgomery Co., Pa.
Author: Fretz, Rev. A.J.
Publication: 1906, reprinted 1973
Text: [*246] II. John Rosenberger, b 1724, d 1808. In ?Fricks? graveyard lies the body of Johannes Rosenberger, b 1724, d 1808, aged 84 years. During his lifetime he purchased many hundred acres of land. His ambition was to give a farm to each of his children. The site of Hatfield village and station was owned by him. His lands extended from thence to the Franconia line and even beyond. They covered an extremely level territory, with extensive meadows. In the northern end of Hatfield village and close to the eastern side of the railroad are the modern farm buildings formerly belonging to Enos Krieble. Here was the site of the old homestead of John Rosenberger. The old log house stood there until 1884 and was torn down and the old barn was destroyed by fire. At the upper road crossing of the brook, on the western side, may be seen a depression or hole in the bank, about which trees of considerable size are growing. This was the site of a grist mill, which was built before the Revolution. The land on which it was built was purchased by him in 1769 and the mill built soon after. It was the first mill erected in this region. It was torn down by Peter Conver in 1820. The place where stood the old mill is now on the premises of William Delp. The lands of John Rosenberger was comprised of at least 308 acres purchased before the Revolution and at later periods he purchased sev[*247]eral hundred more. The farms now owned by Jacob Kulp, William Delp, Enos Krieble, John Rosenberger, John Kindig, Jacoby Ott, J Wireman, Abraham Gehman[,] J. D. Gehman, besides smaller lots of the village of Hatfield, belonged to John Rosenberger. John Rosenberger was twice married, his first wife's name was Barbara and his second wife's name was Christiana, maiden names unknown. He was a Mennonite and was one of the four trustees to whom was deeded the lot where stands the Line Lexington Mennonite Meetinghouse. C: Martin, Abraham, John, Benjamin, Daniel, Henry, Catharine.