Name: Jean Heiress of Arran & BUTE
Given Name: Jean Heiress of Arran &
Birth: BEF 1211 in Isle Of Bute, Strathclyde, Scotland 1 1 1 1
Reference Number: 7468
Jean, heiress of the Isles of Bute and Arran, daughter of James (who with his father and brot hers was killed 1210 by the men of Skye), son of Angus Lord of Bute & Arran (younger son of S omerled, King of the South Isles). [Burke's Peerage]
2 2 2 2
Change Date: 27 Sep 2003 at 01:00:00
I have a lot of children born to Jean when she was fairly (maybe even really) old and no chil dren born before the age of 32. Her supposed father James died 1210, but maybe she was the d aughter of a son of James, making her birthdate a generation later.
Father: James Macrory of BUTE b: ABT 1175 in Isle of Bute, Strathclyde, Scotland
Mother: RAGNHILD OF THE ISLES b: 1195 in ISLE OF MAN, BRITISH CROWN
Alexander STEWART , 4th High Steward of Scotland b: 1214 in Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Alice STEWART b: ABT 1264 in Dundonald Castle, Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Mary STEWART b: ABT 1247 in Dundonald Castle, Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland
- James STEWART , 5th High Steward of Scotland b: ABT 1245 in Dundonald Castle, Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Elizabeth STEWART b: ABT. 1249 in Dundonald Castle, Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Hawise STEWART b: ABT. 1258 in Dundonald Castle, Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Alianor STEWART b: ABT 1270
- John STEWART Lord of Bonkyl Sir b: ABT 1245 in Irving,Ayrshire,Scotland
- Title: Burke's Peerage & Baronetage, 106th Edition, Charles Mosley Editor-in-Chief, 1999
Text: father died 1210.
- Title: Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists, 7th Edition, by Frederick Lewis Weis, addition s by Walter Lee Shippard Jr.
Text: Jean, said to be daughter of James, Earl of Bute