Name: Antoine TRUTEAU
Given Name: Antoine
Christening: 16 Mar 1635 Sainte-Marguerite, V. Et Ev. La Rochelle, Aunis (Ar. La Rochelle, Charente-Maritime), France 1
Burial: 5 Oct 1636 Sainte-Marguerite, V. Et Ev. La Rochelle, Aunis (Ar. La Rochelle, Charente-Maritime), France 2
Reference Number: 3460
Change Date: 7 Feb 2006 at 13:17|
Father: Francois TRUTEAU c: 4 Oct 1613 in Sainte-Marguerite, V. Et Ev. La Rochelle, Aunis (Ar. La Rochelle, Charente-Maritime), France
Mother: Catherine MATINIER b: in France?
- Abbrev: Emigration Rochelaise en Nouvelle-France, 1970
Title: Emigration Rochelaise en Nouvelle-France, 1970
Author: Godbout, Father Archange
Publication: Archives Nationales du Quebec
CS89.G59 LH&G. Reprint in personal holdings.
Name: The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20540
Text: TRUTEAU (or TRUDAUD), Francois, master mason baptized at Ste. Marguerite 4 Oct 1613 had for godmother, Jeanne NAU. He was a resident of the parish of Notre Dame, street of the same name, at "L'Echelle of the Couronne" he died. He was buried 1 Dec 1649 leaving Catherine MATINIER a widow who died and was buried at Notre Dame 27 Mar 1670. The inventory of her estate was drawn up (gr. Savin) 28 Mar and 1 Apr 1670 at the request of Marie FRADIN, widow of Mathurin SOULLARD, first cousin of the deceased, we learned of her residence as "Notre Dame Street near Vanelle of the Couronne" and that 3 sons of hers survived: Jean, Etienne, and Mathieas. Children:
1. Antoine, baptized at Ste. Marguerite 16 Mar 1635, godfather and godmother Antoine GUIBERT and Madeleine CHASSERIAU.
2. Toussaint, baptized at Ste. Marguerite 29 Sep 1636, godfather and godmother Toussaint de LAVANTY and Louise PERROQUET.
3. Jean, (one Jean TRUTEAU contract of marriage in Jan 1660 with Anne PAILLARD (MICHEAU, Notary at Angouleme), master architect, resident in 1670 of Montmerle (Ain), Bresse region.
4. Etienne, Canadian, "carpenter of great works", baptized at Ste. Marguerite 15 Sep 1641, godfather and godmother Etienne VILAIN and Catherine BOULLIOT; he married at Montreal 10 Jan 1667 to Adrienne BARBIER. Canadian ancestor of the Honorable Pierre TRUDEAU, Prime Minister of Canada.
5. Francois, baptized Ste. Marguerite 2 Mar 1645, godfather and godmother, Jean GUIBERT, courier, and Isabelle BIBEAU.
6. Martial, baptized Ste. Marguerite 17 Feb 1647, godfather and godmother Martial TRUTEAU and Anne MARTIN. He was without doubt the same Mathias TRUTEAU, master mason and tailor, married to Marie FAU, living in 1670 in Paris, St. Honore Street, parish of St. Germain of Auxerrois.
7. Pierre, buried at Notre Dame 22 May 1652 at the age of 2 years and 10 months.
- Abbrev: Program de Recherche sur l'╔migration des Franšais en Nouvelle-France (PREFEN)
Title: Program de Recherche sur l'╔migration des Franšais en Nouvelle-France (PREFEN)
Publication: On-line database at http://www.unicaen.fr/