Name: Elizabeth MITCHELL
Given Name: Elizabeth
Change Date: 5 Jul 2006
Birth: 11 MAY 1788 in NY
Note: According to the 1850 Census, the widow Elizabeth Mitchell Tyler, who w as then living with her son Nathan, was born in NY about 1788. His name i s spelled TYLOR in that census. Some internet sources claim her birthpl ace was Bound Brook, Somerset, NJ.
Death: 12 OCT 1861
Note: Giltner (1162) says the TYLER family moved to Sugar Creek, Bradford, PA . I do not trust that place of death. She was living with son Nathan in 1 850, but neither could not be found in 1860, in Sugar Creek, Wayne Coun ty, or anywhere else in PA.
Census: 1850 Damascus, Wayne, PA
Note: She was living in the house of her son Nathan (Tylor in the census inde x).
Father: Nathan MITCHELL b: 9 AUG 1739 in Litchfield, Litchfield, CT
Mother: Elizabeth ROSS b: 1754 in Bound Brook, Somerset, NJ
Bezaleel TYLER b: 27 JAN 1787 in Damascus, Wayne, PA
- Note: Brigham (409) says that they were married in New Jersey, however, Giltn er (1162) provides an excellent argument for why Nathan MITCHELL was un likely to have ever resided in NJ. 3
- Elliott TYLER b: 30 JUN 1810 in Damascus, Wayne, PA
- John M. TYLER b: 19 MAR 1812 in Damascus, Wayne, PA
- Alvin\Calvin TYLER b: 24 DEC 1814 in Damascus, Wayne, PA
- Lydia TYLER b: 1 JUN 1817 in Damascus, Wayne, PA
- Nathan TYLER b: 3 FEB 1821 in Damascus, Wayne, PA
- Delilah TYLER b: 10 JUL 1825 in Damascus, Wayne, PA
- Abbrev: 1162 Nathan Mitchell of New York State
Title: Charlotte L. Giltner, "Nathan Mitchell of New York State," Detroit Soci ety for Genealogical Research Magazine 30 (Sum 1967): 141-146
- Abbrev: 1399 1850 Census of Damascus
Title: Nathan Tyler, 1850 Federal, Damascus, Wayne, PA,; National Archives.
- Abbrev: 0409 The Tyler Genealogy
Title: Willard Irving Tyler Brigham, The Tyler Genealogy : the Descendants of J ob Tyler of Andover, Massachusetts, 1619-1700. Volume III: The Tyler Ge nealogy: The Descendants of the Branford, Connecticut Line of Roger Tyl er, Volume III (Grand Rapids, MI: Calvin Cedric Tyler , 1976)