Name: Eli Alexander
Given Name: Eli
Birth: ABT 1717 in Cecil County, Maryland
Death: 31 Mar 1785 in Cecil County, Maryland
Change Date: 17 Jun 2012 at 23:01:07
See Descendant: Samuel Alexander > Martin Alexander > Eli Alexander > Jeremiah Alexander > John Barnes Alexander > Jason Carson Alexander > Rev Jeremiah Roberson Alexander > William Jefferson Alexander (FTDNA Kit 32959)
Maryland deeds, "Elias Alexander dec'd children: Araminta, Susanna, Lydia and Stephen, bought land of Robert which was confiscated land, lot 22 in Elkton Gay st. Back Steret y July 1788.
1. Francis Alexander Butterworth. Records of a Family of the House of Alexander 1640 to 1909.
2. Land Deeds Cecil County, Md. J.S. 16:371 1788. H.Jack Wells
Researching Alexander's of New Munster, Maryland and Well(e)s of Eastern Shore of & Maryland and Delaware. e mail HJackWells@Juno.com Maryland Families, p. 63 "Elias Alexander, son of Martin Alexander" Death: Will of Eli Alexander Dtd 1785 (Cecil Co. Book 5:55) names wife Tamyzon, sons Josiah, Harmon, Richard Ford, Lewis, Eli Jr., Jeremiah, daughters Araminta, Susannah, Lydia and Kephia and mentions Hispoanlia, Bullens Range, Alexandra and Alexander's Lott. Appoints Benjamin Brevard and Hezekiah Ford executors. Also names Caleb Alexander (records of the House of Alexander from 1640 to 1909 by Frances Alexander Butterworth 1909).
Eli made his will 31 March 1785, naming children: Jesiah, Levi, Richard Ford, Eli, Jr., Jeremiah, Hezikiah, Stephen, Susannah, Lidea and Harmon.
Records of a family of the house of Alexander from 1640 to 1909 (Google eBook)
Frances Alexander Butterworth
The following is the will of Eli Alexander, recorded at Elkton, Cecil County.
WILL OF ELI ALEXANDER
I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Tamyzon, all my lands and improvements, one third of personal estate. To Josiah, my son, that tract of land formerly called Bullen's Range. I give and bequeath to my son, Harmon Alexander, all the land I bought of Caleb Alexander, which is part of Knowlwood, together with four acres that is reserved off of Richard Ford Alexander's tract. I give and bequeath to Richard Ford Alexander all my land at the Home place. Josiah shall pay the sum of fifty pounds to my son, Lewis. Richard Ford should pay unto my sons Eli and Jeremiah, the sum of fifty pounds and that my son Harmon should pay fifty pounds to my son Hezekiah. I give and bequeath to Araminta, Susannah, Lydia and Kephia, all my movable property and land which I had at Elk, and appoint Benjamin Brevard and Hez kiah Ford, executors. Year 1785. Eli Alexander.
Father: Martin Alexander b: 18 Mar 1687 in Anamessex, Somerset County, Maryland
Mother: Susannah Foster b: 29 Mar 1692 in Whitton, Lincs, England
Tamizon Ford b: ABT 1718 in Cecil County, Maryland
in Cecil County, Maryland
- Susannah Alexander b: ABT 1735 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Areminta Alexander b: BEF 1740 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Eli Alexander Jr b: BEF 1740 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Caleb Alexander b: ABT 1740 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Lydea Alexander b: ABT 1740 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Richard Ford Alexander b: ABT 1750 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Stephen Alexander b: ABT 1760 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Harmon Alexander b: ABT 1760 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Josiah Alexander b: ABT 1764 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Lewis Alexander b: ABT 1770 in Cecil County, Maryland
- Hezekiah Alexander b: ABT 1775 in Cecil County, Maryland