Name: Lulu Pearl BOND
Given Name: Lulu Pearl
Birth: 16 FEB 1890 in Effort,Monroe Co.,PA
Christening: 19 OCT 1891
Death: 20 DEC 1955 in General Hospital of Monroe County,East Stroudsburg,Monroe Co.,PA
Burial: 24 DEC 1955 Buena Vista Cemetery,Brodheadsville,Monroe Co.,PA
The sponsors at the baptism of Lulu P. Bond were her parents.
Change Date: 30 MAR 2012 at 15:33:03
In 1910 Lulu (Bond) Bond, age 19, was living in Pocono Twp., Monroe Co., PA, with her husband, Jesse Bond age 22, a farm laborer, and two of their children:
- daughter Pearl Bond age 2
- son Ralph Bond age 1 year and 9 months
Lulu and Jesse had been married for 3 years. Lulu was the mother of 2 children, who were both living in 1910. Everyone in the household was born in PA. (1910 census, microfilm roll T624_1376, Page 7A, house #129, family #134)
In 1920 Lulu (Bond) Bond, age 29, was living on a farm in Chestnuthill Twp., Monroe Co., PA, with her husband, Jessie Bond age 33, a farmer, and five of their children;
- son Ralph E. Bond age 10
- daughter Pearl Bond age 12
- daughter Jennie M. Bond age 9
- son Paul J. Bond age 4 years and 1 month
- son Mark Bond age 1 year and 7 months
Everyone in the household was born in PA. (1920 census, microfilm roll T625_1603, Page 11B, house #259, family #268)
In 1929, 1939, 1941, and 1955 Lulu P. (Bond) Bond was living at McMichaels.
"The Daily Record", the Stroudsburgs, PA, Wednesday, 21 December 1955, Page: 5:
Mrs. Bond, McMichaels, Dies At 65
Lulu P. Bond, 65, widow of Jesse W. Bond of McMichaels, died at 6:30 last night in General Hospital. She had been ill since June.
She was born and reared in Effort and was a daughter of the late Ferdinand and Julia Ann Altemose Bond.
Surviving are three sons and two daughters, Paul L., Stroudsburg RD 3; Jesse Jr., Wright, Mrs. Pearl Singer and Mrs. Jennie Bonser, all of Saylorsburg RD 1; nine grandchildren, one great grandson. Three brothers and four sisters, Ferdinand Bond Saylorsburg RD 1; Harley Bond, Brodheadsville, Elijah Bond, Winter Garden, Fla., Mrs. Nettie Mervine, Stroudsburg; Mrs. Anna Mengle, Delaware Water Gap; Mrs. Minnie Kunkle and Mrs. Emma Hummel, both of Brodheadsville.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Kresge Funeral Home, Brodheadsville, with burial in the Brodheadsville Cemetery. Rev. Adan Bohner will officiate. Friends may call at the funeral home Friday after 7 p.m.
Father: Ferdinand BOND b: 7 AUG 1856 in Effort,Monroe Co.,PA c: 17 OCT 1856 in St. Mark's Church,Appenzell,Jackson Twp.,Monroe Co., PA
Mother: Julia Ann ALTEMOSE b: 9 FEB 1862 in Chestnuthill Twp.,Monroe Co.,PA c: 12 APR 1862 in Salem Church,Gilbert,Monroe Co.,PA
Jesse Wright BOND b: 11 AUG 1887 in Mc Michaels,Monroe Co.,PA
27 MAR 1907
in Tannersville,Monroe Co.,PA
- Pearl Annetta BOND b: 8 OCT 1907 in Mc Michaels,Monroe Co.,PA
- Ralph E. BOND b: 16 FEB 1909 in Mc Michaels,Monroe Co.,PA
- Jennie Mae BOND b: 22 SEP 1910 in Mc Michaels,Monroe Co.,PA
- Paul Leroy BOND b: 8 NOV 1915 in Mc Michaels,Monroe Co.,PA
- Mark B. BOND b: 8 MAY 1918 in Mc Michaels,Monroe Co.,PA
- Jesse Wright BOND b: 16 APR 1920 in Mc Michaels,Monroe Co.,PA
- Wright Jarius BOND b: 20 JUN 1922 in Mc Michaels,Monroe Co.,PA c: 19 AUG 1928