Name: Eliza Elizabeth Susan NASH
Given Name: Eliza Elizabeth Susan
Death: 1765 in Chesterfield Co., VA
Several researchers have suggested the surname of Nash for Elizabeth. I have no documented proof that this is correct. There is a Thomas Nash who left a will in Henrico Co., VA around 1733. (Source: Dawn Westfall) Thomas J. Nash, b 1773 c/o William Nash m Sarah Elizabeth Talley, d/o Daniel Talley and Mary Mickey Elizabeth Powell, in 1798 Halifax Co., VA. Abraham Nash m Poly and had Nancy Nash who m Wiley B. Nash ca 1820. Wiley and Nancy had 9 children. Wiley was b VA, but died in David Co., NC & was m in Mecklenburg Co., VA (Source: Mary Seamster)
Change Date: 6 Jun 2003 at 22:51:24
3 Aug 1729, Bristol Parish, VA Vestry Book: Upon the petition of Eliza Glidewell that She is a poor Widow and Not able to Take Care of her Children Desires that her son Robt Glidewell Be Bound to Tho Clemmon as the law Directs tis Granted.
From the Library of VA, Index to Wills and Administrations Card Catalog: There is an Elizabeth Glidewell d. 1765 Chesterfield Order Book 3, "she died so poor no one would administer her estate so Sherriff to be admins. 6 Sep 1765". Chesterfield borders Dinwiddie Co., where Terrence Lamb Glidewell was last recorded.
One speculation is that Elizabeth was shunned by the family for having Terrence and went to live by him. Perhaps she died penniless while sons Nash and Robert were thriving in Halifax. (Diane Fitzgibbons)
I believe that this is a good possibility.
Robert GLIDEWELL II b: ABT 1700 in Prince George Co, VA
- Nash GLIDEWELL b: 19 Jun 1721 in Bristol Parish, Prince George Co, VA c: 21 Jul 1721 in Bristol Parish, VA
- Robert GLIDEWELL Jr.III b: 23 Oct 1722 in Prince George Co, VA c: 19 Mar 1729 in Brisol Parish, Prince George Co., VA
- Susan D. GLIDEWELL b: 13 Nov 1727 in Bristol Parish, VA
- Daniel GLIDEWELL b: 19 Mar 1729 in Prince George Co, VA
- Terrance Lamb GLIDEWELL b: 14 Jan 1733 in Prince George Co, VA c: 24 Mar 1734 in Prince George Co, VA