Name: Margery (or Margaret) de BRAOSE
Birth: Abt 1177 in of,Abergavenny,Wales,Wales
Death: Aft 1255
Sources: Antiquities of Shropshire, Vol. 5; Norr; A. Roots 98, 177A, 177B;
Change Date: 12 JUL 2000 at 21:32:09
Roots: Margery (or Margaret) de Braiose, died 19 Nov. 1200 (but she had
children after this date).
K: Margaret de Braose.
Antiquities: Margaret, daughter of William de Braose. Living 1255.
1. Ancestral File (AFN:9G90-R5). The death date shown of 1200 is totally
inconsistent with the fact that, only a few weeks before he died in
October 1216, King John granted Margaret (de Braose) de Lacy lands in
Aconbury to establish a chapel to the memory of her mother and brother
Will who were starved to death on King John's orders in 1210. Thus,
Margaret lived until at least October1216, and reportedly (see Erskine)
was still living in 1255.
2. Erskine, Barbara. _Lady of Hay_. New York: Dell Publishing, 1986;
3. Norr, Vernon M., _Some Early English Pedigrees_, p. 34, gen. 32.
Margaret de Braose was born abt 1177 and married Walter de Lacy.
Father: William III de BRAOSE b: Abt 1144 in Bamber,Sussex,England,England
Mother: Maud (or St. Walerie) de ST. VALERIE b: 1148 in of,St. Valery,France,England
Walter de LACY b: Abt 1166/1172 in of,Eways Lacy,Herefordshire,England
- Gilbert de LACY b: Abt 1198 in of,Eways Lacy,Herefordshire,England
- Katherine de LACY b: Abt 1200
- Thomas de LACY b: Abt 1202
- Rohese de LACY b: Abt 1204
- Egidia (or Gille) de LACY b: Abt 1206
- Petronilla (or Pernel) LACY b: Abt 1208
- Egidia de LACY
- Gilbert de LACY b: Abt 1206 in Dublin,Ireland