Name: Rem Remsen
Birth: BEF 7 MAY 1685 in NY
Death: 5 MAR 1751/52 in Kings Co., NY
Abstract of wills on file in the Surrogate's Office, City of New York (Volume IV. 1744-1753), p 384 ABSTRACTS OF WILLS LIBER 18.
Page 99. In the name of God, Amen, I, JAMES REMSEN, of Kings County, being of a well disposing mind, and in good health, this 5 of December, 1750. , I leave to my daughter Dorothy £50, for an out set if she be not married. All the rest of my estate I leave to my children, Hendrick, Aris, Joris, Johanes, Peter, Catrina, Antie, and Dorothy. And whereas my children, Rem, Johanes, and Maritie, are dead, and have left issue, their children are to receive their parents shares, But the children of my son Rem must have £50 less than the rest, he having had a negro out of my estate. And to the children of my daughter Maritie I give a negro wench, now living with their father, Andries Onderdonk, and they are to have £50 less for it. I make my sons executors. Witnesses, Jacob Remsen, John Suydam, Stephen Remsen. Proved, April 22, 1752.
Abstracts of wills on file in the Surrogate's Office, City of New York (Volume XVI. Corrections to Vol.I-V), CORRECTIONS ABSTRACTS OF WILLS, VOLUME IV, pg 188.
PAGE 384. 9 lines from top Will of James Remsen read Rem Remsen. 14 lines from top for Johanes read Jacobus Remsen.
It is not clear who Aeltje Remsen, witness for Dorothy Onderdonk and Dorothy Remsen (both in 1730), was, but perhaps a second wife..
He is mentioned in the will of his father-in-law as William.
Father: Rem Remsen b: 2 DEC 1652 in NY
Mother: Marrietje Jans Vanderbilt b: BEF 3 DEC 1651 in NY
Dorothy Lott b: 14 DEC 1686 in NY
- Rem Remsen b: ABT 1706 in NY
- Hendrick Remsen b: BEF 16 APR 1708 in Jamaica, NY
- Marritje Remsen b: BEF 11 APR 1710 in Jamaica, NY
- Aris Remsen b: BEF 6 MAR 1710/11 in Jamaica, NY
- Peter Remsen b: BEF 7 OCT 1712 in Jamaica, NY
- Johannis Remsen b: 30 MAR 1714 in Jamaica, NY
- Catherine Remsen b: BEF 13 MAR 1715/16 in near Jamaica, NY
- Joris Remsen b: BEF 19 MAY 1717 in near Jamaica, NY
- Jacob Remsen b: BEF 17 MAY 1719 in near Jamaica, NY
- Antie Remsen b: BEF 12 MAR 1720/21 in near Jamaica, NY
- Peter Remsen b: BEF 2 OCT 1722 in near Jamaica, NY
- Dorothy Remsen b: BEF 13 SEP 1724 in near Jamaica, NY
- Sarah Remsen b: 28 DEC 1726 in NY