Name: Ebenezer* Morrow
Sex: M 1
Birth: 14 MAR 1796 in Person Co, NC
Census: 1800-1840 Person Co., NC
Baptism: 1824 Flat River Baptist Church Person Co., NC
Census: 1850 Tennessee Valley, Macon Co, NC
Census: 1860 Tennessee Valley, Macon Co, NC
Census: 1870 Franklin Twp, Macon Co, NC
Will: OCT 1874 Buncomb Co., NC
Burial: 12 FEB 1878 Macon Co, NC
_ANC: William of Person Co, NC [Untested line]
Source of information was Irvin C. Sanders Family Group Record M-3.
In the 1820 Federal Census for Person County NC on CD154 there are
Archibald, Ebenezer, and Mary Morrow listed in separate households.
Archibald is Ebenezer's son and Mary is Ebenezer's mother.
Records of the Flat River
Primitive Baptist Chuch( 1786-1945) in Person County NC:
Morrow, William & wife Salley joined July 1791 by Baptism and
dismissed Jan 1794 by letter.
Morrow, Elizabeth Nov 1794 dismissed by letter about to move away
Morrow, Polly Joined by Babptism Sep 1824 (GSM:Presumed to be Mary
Underdown who m. William Morrow on 8 Oct 1793 in Person Co., NC)
Morrow, Ebenezer Joined by Baptism Oct 1824
Morrow, Martha Joined by Babptism July 1845 at Wolf Springs Arm
Morrow,Judethean " " " " " " " "
Morrow, Lura " " " " " " " "
Ebenezer Murrow and wife Joined Dec 1838 by letter from Stony's Creek
Ebenezer Murrow and wife Patlatiah Dismissed by letter Nov 1845
(GSM:Probably left for Macon Co., NC)
Murruow, Pudy & Sarah ditto
Murrow, Martha ditto (GSM:Probably the wife of Samuel
On page 40 of the Person County tax list for 1823 Ebenezer Murrow is
shown with 100 acres and one white poll. This places Ebenezer in Person County in
December 9, D1993 Will of Ebenezer Morrow as retyped by GSM
I Ebenezer Morrow, of the County of Buncombe, State of North Carolina
declare this to be my last Will and Testament, hereby revoking all
former wills by me made.
1. I hereby appoint Wm. H. Hurst executor of this will.
2. I desire that as soon after my decease as practicable my said
executors shall convert all my property of every description into
money, and to this end , I direct that they sell my real estate and
personal property, debt excepted, on such terms and in such manner as
they may think best, and that they collect all my debts,except those
due me at my death from my children and grandchildren which I bequest
to them in addition to the legacies and bequests hereinafter made: And
as my said property shall be converted to money as a foresaid, I
desire that it shall be applied pro rata in payment of the bequests
3. I give and bequeath to my grandson Benjamin Morrow , son of my
deceased son John N
1800 Person Co., NC Listed as Will. Murrow 3 males 0-10 [John/Ebenezer/Archibald]; 1 m 16-26[William]; 1 female 0-10; 1 female 16-26 (Mary Ann); no slaves (p. 392)
1810 Person Co, NC: 3m 0-10; 2m 10-16 (John & Ebenezer); 1m 26-45; 2f 0-10; 1f 10-16; 1f 26-45; 1 slave
1820 Person Co, NC: Ebenezer Morrow 2 males 0-10; 1 male 10-16; 1 male 16-26; 1 male 26-45; 1 female 0-10; 1 female 10-16; 1 female 26-45
1830 Person Co, NC: Ebenezer Morrow 2 males 0-5; 1 male 5-10; 1 male 30-40; 1 female 0-5; 2 females 5-10; 1 female 10-15; 1 f 30-40
- 1840 Person Co., NC: Ebenezer Morrow 2 males 10-15; 1 male 20-30; 1 male 40-50; 2 females 15-20; 1 female 20-30; 1 female 40-50 (p. 271)
- 1850 Macon, Co., NC Ebenezer Morrow age 54 Farmer b. Person Co., NC; Politier 68 b. Granville Co., NC; Sarah Clements 40; William Morrow 30; Benjamin 25; John 21; Juda Ann 26; Isabella 22 (Tennessee valley, p. 9, 8/2/1850)
- 1860 Macon Co, NC: Ebenezer Morrow 64 b. Person Co., NC; Palentine 68 b. Granville Co., NC; William P. 39 Trader b. Person Co., NC; Sarah I. Van Hook * 14 b. Person Co., NC; William T. Van Hook* 13; Susan A. Van Hook * 11; Isabella C. Van Hook* 9 [Children of Ebenezer's daughter Susan] (PO: Tennessee Valley, p. 961)
- 1870 Macon Co, NC: Morrow, E. 74; Palatiah 78; A 15 (Franklin Twp, p. 18)
Change Date: 31 JUL 2008
Father: William of Person, NC Morrow b: 1765-1774 in North Carolina
Mother: Mary Ann "Polly" Underdown b: 1777 in Caswell County NC
Pallatiah "Polly" Clement b: MAY 1791 in Granville Co NC
2 OCT 1815
in Granville Co, NC
Bondsman-John T. Clement and witness was John C. Smith per page 236 of
"Marriages of Granville County North Carolina 1753-1868" compiled by
Brent H. Holcomb (copy on Shelf at Clayton Library).
- Samuel Clement* Morrow b: 15 AUG 1816 in Rockingham, Person Co, NC
- William Pelick Morrow b: 14 JAN 1820 in Person Co, NC
- Benjamin Morrow b: 14 SEP 1825 in Person Co, NC
- John N. Morrow b: 13 OCT 1829 in Person Co, NC
- Text: Gedcom of Gene S. Morrow, received 9/30/2004.