Name: Solomon Markley
Birth: 27 FEB 1830
Death: 14 DEC 1908
dates from Sandra Kauffman,
Solomon and Sarah moved to Abilene, Dickinson Co., KS sometime after 1880 and 1895.
Census, 1880, Silver Spring Twp., Cumberland Co., PA, all children born in Cumberland Co., Solomon, farmer, 50; wife Sarah A, 49;
John K. 19; Ann A. 15; Ellie E., 12; Levi B. 10; Bertie L. 7; Tolbert G. 4; William H. 26 and Frances Esther 2.
They were listed this way in the census and when I looked at the actual census, Wm H and Frances E were crossed off.
Could not read why. However, the info from Sandra was that William H died in 1879.
PA mortality index had his death July 1880. of bilious colic, he was married, perhaps Frances was his daughter?
1895 Kansas state census had Solomon, Sarah A., Levi K. & Tolbert
1900, Abilene, Dickinson Co., KS, Solomon, Sarah and granddaughter Mamie Morrett, b. Sept 1884.
Father: John Markley b: APR 1795
Mother: Mary Mohler b: 20 JUL 1793
Sarah Ann Kauffman b: 26 MAR 1831
- William H. Markley b: 9 DEC 1852
- George W. Markley b: 12 NOV 1854
- Mary E. Markley b: 27 NOV 1858
- John K. Markley b: 23 FEB 1861
- Sarah A. Markley b: 19 SEP 1865
- Ellen K. Markley b: 20 MAR 1868
- Levi K. Markley b: 16 MAR 1870 in PA
- Bertie L. Markley b: 3 JUL 1872