Name: Omee FERGUSON
Given Name: Omee
Birth: 12 Mar 1897 in Sandfield Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario
Death: 6 Nov 1917 1
Census: 1901 Sandfield Con 11 Lot 12 4
Census: 1911 Gore Bay Census, Algoma East, Household #119
Religion: Methodist 1901
Change Date: 28 Mar 2012 at 21:28
Ontario Vital Records - Births # 005919 - 1897
FERGUSON, Omerod Derstine, male, 19 March 1897, Sandfield . Parents: George Ferguson and Katherine Coventry.
Soldiers of the First World War (1914-1918) - ArchiviaNet
Private….. Ferguson, Omey…… Gore Bay
CANADIAN OVER-SEAS EXPEDITIONARY FORCE No. 754291
119th Overseas Battalion
1. What is your surname? ….. Ferguson
1a. What are your Christian names?….. Omey
1b. What is your present address?….. Gore Bay
2. In what Town, Township or Parish, and in what Country w ere you born?….. Sandfield Township, Manitoulin Island
3. What is the name of your next-of kin?…..Mrs. Catherin e Ferguson
4. What is the address of your next-of-kin?….. .Gore Bay , Ont.
4a. What is the relationship of your next-of-kin?…... Mother
5. What is the date of your birth?….. Nov. 12th, 1897
6. What is your Trade or Calling?….. Farmer
7. Are you married?…..No
8. Are you willing to be vaccinated or revaccinated and in oculated?…..Yes
9. Do you now belong to the Active Militia?…..No
10. Have you ever served in any Military Force?…..No
11. Do you understand the nature and terms of your engagem ent?…..Yes
12. Are you willing to be attested to serve in the Canadia n Over-Seas Expeditionary Force?…..Yes
Signed in Gore Bay, this 27th day of December, 1915
(back of form) Description of Omey Ferguson on Enlistment
Apparent Age…. 19 years…..(blank) months
Height…..5 ft…… 5 ins.
Girth when fully expanded…..35 Ùa ins.
Range of expansion….. 2 Ùa ins.
Eyes….. Greyish Brown
Hair….. Dark Brown
Religious Denomination….. Methodist
Distinctive marks, and marks indicating congenital peculiar ities or previous disease…..Scar inch long at base of lef t thigh on posterior aspect
The Recorder, Gore Bay, Thursday, December 6, 1917 - Pte. O mey Ferguson (caption under picture)
Son of Geo Ferguson, who was officially reported, "killed i n action" on November 6th 1917. Omey enlisted from Gore Bay , with the 119th Battn
with appreciation for this Obituary to Manitoulin Genealog y , a website by Laurie Lovelace
BIG LAKE CEMETERY, Part of Lot 19 Concession 8, Sandfield T ownship
KILLED IN ACTION/PTE. NELSON YOUNG./REG. No.216706.27 BATT ./AT BATTLE OF LENS./AUG.21.1917/L.CORP.AMEROD/FERGUSON/REG .No.754291 224 BATT./NOV.6.1917/PTE. FRANKLIN/NIGHSWANDER/R EG.No.754694./73 BATT.R.H.C./AT VIMY RIDGE APR.9,1917/AGE D 20 YRS./PTE.HARRY W.BROWN/REG.No.1003737. 102 BATT./DIE D AUVIGTE FRANCE/DEC.27.1917/AGED 35 YRS.
- Abbrev: MFT