Name: Nora Bell JOLLIFF
Birth: 13 SEP 1885 in Brady, Oregon Co, MO
Death: 26 NOV 1952 in Rover, Oregon Co, MO
Burial: Jolliff Cem Near Rover, Oregon Co, MO
FILE: ~/Documents/Mary Jo/2 Website gen files/jolliff/Nora.jpg
_SIZE: 260.000000 375.000000
Change Date: 26 AUG 2015
Nora is my grandmother.
The 1900 census says that she was 14 and born Sept, 1885.
South-Missourian Democrat, Alton, Mo, Jan 30, 1941 (p2):
"Mrs. Nora Vonallmen has been ill with the flu but is better."
Nora was a great Christian woman and known for having her prayers answered.
- When Raymon was a young boy he was kicked in the head by a mule. His skull was crushed. Nora reshaped his skull in her hands and prayed for him. He recovered with no complications.
- When John was a young married man, he began to have trouble with continuous nose bleeds. Nothing seemed to stop the bleeding. Finally he came to his mom to see what she could do. She sat him in a chair. Put one hand on his head and one in the air and prayed for him. His nose bleed stopped immediately and he never had another one.
- When Dean was in the army in WWII. Nora prayed constantly for his protection. He (& maybe one other man) was the only man who survived out of his unit and he nearly froze to death during the Battle of the Bulge. But he came home.
- Elmer did not become a Christian until he was an older man. Nora prayed for him for years, and he finally accepted the Lord, was baptized and became a faithful member of Shiloh Baptist Church in Rover.
- Nora told this story about a friend of hers, Seth Bales. It seems that Seth's wife was a Christian, but Seth was not a believer. He told his wife that if she died first to come back and tell him what was on the other side. So one night after she died, he was sitting in his little house and he heard footsteps upstairs. He said he saw her walk down the stairs, stop in the room and said, ?It?s real, Seth.? Then she walked out the front door.
Find A Grave Memorial# 15537861
Father: James Rasmus "Rab" JOLLIFF b: 8 AUG 1858 in near Rover, Oregon Co, MO
Mother: Matilda Marilla "Tilda" TATUM b: 12 FEB 1860 in Stoddard Co, MO
Elmer Franklin VONALLMEN b: 9 OCT 1880 in Oblong, Crawford Co, IL
1 FEB 1903
in Brady, Oregon Co, MO
One list of Oregon co marriage license says:
Date Married Jan 30, 1903
Date Returned Feb 10, 1903
But the actual marriage license says Feb. 1, 1903
Maybe Jan 30 was the day the license was applied for.
- Lee VONALLMEN b: 19 SEP 1903 in Oregon Co, MO
- Clara Ellen VONALLMEN b: 30 AUG 1905 in Rover, Oregon Co, MO
- John James VONALLMEN b: 17 JUN 1909 in Rover, Oregon Co, MO
- Wade VONALLMEN b: 5 SEP 1911 in Rover, Oregon Co, MO
- Raymon VONALLMEN b: 2 AUG 1915 in Rover, Oregon Co, MO
- Marlin VONALLMEN b: 17 JUL 1917 in Oregon County, MO
- Bertha Dana VONALLMEN b: 14 NOV 1922 in Rover, Oregon Co, MO
- Dean VONALLMEN b: 9 JUN 1925 in Rover, Oregon Co, MO