Name: Samuel WATSON
Birth: 1823 in Tenn
Death: ABT 1865 in Mo
Change Date: 24 JAN 2011
1850 Samuel & Mary were in Lewis Co, Tn. with children, Wesley , Sarah, Thomas, Lucinda and Zachariah.
According to Alphretta (Willard) Prater, Samuel's granddaughter, Samuel was shot in his woodyard by Col. Monks Jayhawkers in his woodyard near Mammoth Springs, Ark. along with Mary's father, Thomas Trantham, about 1865. Then they burned their house and took their food and clothes. Monks was hated by the natives of Oregon Co, MO
His wife's 2 brothers, Zachariah & Thomas Trantham were also killed by other bushwhackers in their store in Aug 1874.
Not sure if this is him in 1860 -
1860 Cooper Co, MO, Pilot Grove twp, p 723
Watson, Sam - 41 TN, farmer
. . . . M (f) - 41 TN
. . . . S.R.(f) - 17 TN
. . . . T.W. (m) - 15 TN
. . . . H.L. (f) - 10 TN
. . . . S? W. (m) - 4 MO
. . . . R.M. (m) - 2 MO
In 1870 Mary and some of the children were in Mammoth Springs, Fulton Co, Ark
In 1880 in Oregon Co, Mo. Lived near Watson Spring near Rover, Mo.
[part of info on children from Evelyn Reeves Watson]
Either Sarah or Lucinda married Joe Ford.
Father: ? WATSON
Mary Adeline TRANTHAM b: ABT 1824 in Tennessee
- Wesley A. WATSON b: ABT 1844
- Sarah O. WATSON b: ABT 1845
- Thomas Hansford WATSON b: ABT 1846
- Lucinda O. WATSON b: ABT 1848
- Zachariah T. WATSON b: ABT 1849
- Zilpha Adeline C. WATSON b: 1 JAN 1854 in Tennessee
- Nancy S. A. WATSON b: ABT 1853
- Martha J. WATSON b: NOV 1854 in Missouri
- Samuel Hansford WATSON b: 5 SEP 1855 in Tennessee