Name: Elizabeth "Betsy" JOLLIFF
Birth: 20 APR 1820 in Illinois
Death: 2 OCT 1903 in Highland twp, Oregon Co, Mo
Burial: Jolliff Cem Near Rover, Oregon Co, MO
Change Date: 17 FEB 2016
From Mrs. Charlie Giles: Elizabeth Jolliff, b 1820 (headstone), m Aug. 30, 1835, Washington Co, IL (marr rec) [Grace Willard said Centralia, Marion Co, IL]; d Oct 2, 1903
She married Aug. 30, 1835 in IL to James "Jimmie" Willard, a 31-year-old widower with 4 children. Betsy was 15 years old when she married James, who lived 2 houses away from her. Two of her Willard step-children married her Jolliff cousins. In 1840 they were in Jefferson Co., IL. In 1850 they were in neighboring Washington Co.
They moved to Oregon Co., Mo. about 1856, where her brothers Randolph & William Jolliff, and James' brother Martin Willard already lived.
James died Aug. 8, 1893 (age 89). Betsy lived with son Bill until she died Oct. 2, 1903 (age 83). Both were buried in Jolliff Cemetery near Rover, Mo. in Oregon Co.
Source for birth/death dates: tombstone, Jolliff Cemetery.
Find A Grave Memorial# 15522248
Father: Elijah Summers JOLLIFF b: ABT 1799 in Ky, prob Fayette Co.
Mother: Lucinda NOBLE b: ABT 1799 in Smith Co, TN
James "Jimmie" WILLARD b: 8 MAY 1804 in Ky, prob Breckenridge Co.
30 OCT 1835
in Nashville, Washington Co, IL
- Lucinda J. WILLARD b: 4 NOV 1837
- Isaac Green WILLARD b: 1840 in Irvington, Washington Co, IL
- James E. "Jickey Jim" WILLARD b: 14 MAR 1842 in Washington Co, IL
- William Randel "Bill" WILLARD b: 10 APR 1846 in Washington Co, IL
- Martha F. WILLARD b: 1848 in Illinois
- Mary Elizabeth WILLARD b: ABT 1851 in Illinois
- Caroline "Cal" WILLARD b: 17 JAN 1854 in Illinois
- Dinah WILLARD b: 1855 in Illinois
- Missouri Emaline "Emma" WILLARD b: 30 MAR 1857 in Illinois