Name: William Bogue
Birth: 1665 in Auchinecraw, Berwick, Scotland or Virginia
Death: ABT 20 DEC 1720 in Perquimans County, NC
William Bogue's land lay on the river across from Hertford, running down to Vosses Creek and cals for "Bar Garden." - from Rent Rolls, Perquimans County, prior to 1700 Winslow Hist. p. 449. He had 443 acres. In April 1698 he was appointed constable "from ye Narrows of Perquimans to Suttons Creek and to Mr. Lakars Creek on ye West Side." Winslow p. 12
On 5 June 1689 William married Ellener Perisho, dau of James Perisho and Hannah Phelps, in Jonah Phelps Old Plantation Perqu. Co NC. She was born Sep 1673.
For perspective - the Hiatt's and Bogues are among Marietta Woolman's grandmother's ancestors on the maternal side. Within our Woolman ancestry, Abraham Woolman (1823-1892) married Malinda Hiatt. That couple produced Oliver Woolman, Marietta's father. The Bogues and Hiatts are Malinda's ancestors and our information on them goes back for several generations. In addition they appear in her Mills ancestry as well.
William Bogue and his wife Eleanor Perisho produced a family of 9 children, born largely from 1700 to 1718. Names are: Hannah, William, Eleanor, Robert, Josiah, Elizabeth, Jean, Myron and Rachel. Of them, Josiah Bogue (b. 1704-1752) is directly in our ancestry.
Father: William M Bogue b: ABT 1631 in Berwickshire, Scotland
Mother: Jeane or Jane Edwards Clare b: ABT 1640 in Scotland
Eleanor (Elliner) Perisho b: 18 SEP 1673 in Perquimans, NC
in Jona Phillips Plantation, Perquimins County, N.C.
- Lydia Bogue
- Hannah Bogue b: 26 DEC 1691
- William Bogue b: 8 DEC 1696 in Perquimans County, NC
- Eleanor Bogue b: 26 FEB 1700/01 in Perquimans, NC
- Robert Bogue b: MAR 1701/02 in Perquimans County, NC
- Josiah Bogue b: 21 MAR 1704/05 in Perquimans, Co., NC
- Elizabeth Bogue b: 17 OCT 1708
- Jean Bogue b: ABT 1710 in Perquimans County, NC
- Miriam Bogue b: 11 MAR 1716/17 in Perquimans County, NC
- John Bogue
- Jane Bogue
- Rachel Bogue b: 16 NOV 1716