Name: Lars Anderson LOKKEN
Birth: 16 FEB 1859 in Tonsburg, Norway
Death: 1 MAY 1927 in Rocksbury Township, Pennington County, Minnesota
Burial: 4 MAY 1927 St. Pauli Cemetery, Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Emigration: 1888 from Norway to America
Note: 1920 Census
Religion: Charter Member: Joined St. Pauli Norwegian-Lutheran Church with wife and 5 children on 4 Feb 1896
Change Date: 25 JAN 2008
1910 Census: Rocksbury Township, Pennington County, Minnesota: Lars (51), Regina A. (49), Helga (19), Anders (17), Clara (15), Hans (14), Maria (12), Lauretz (9), Ragnval (9), Inga (7). Apparently Lauretz and Ragnval changed their names at some point to Louis and Roy!
1920 Census for Rocksbury Township, Pennington County, Minnesota: Lars (61), Regina (59), Hans (23), Roy (19), Louis (19), Ragna M. (21), Inga (17)
From Pennington County History (1976): Lars and Regina were married in Tonsberg, Norway in the year of 182. Lars was a sailor while living in Norway. Three children were born in Norway, one son died before coming to America. They came to Grafton, North Dakota in the year of 1890. After living there for some time they moved to Red Lake County now known as Pennington County. They then made their home in this vicinity. The only relative of Lars that came to America were a niece, Ella, and a nephew, Martin Loken. Ella returned to Norway, but Martin made his home here.
Regina was the only one in her family that came to America. In the early years Lars cut cordwood for neighbors at 50 cents a cord. Then worked as a section laborer 10 hours a day for which he received $1.25 for a full day?s work.
He farmed with oxen until the year of 1922 when he purchased a team of horses. To this family were born 12 children, one boy died at birth. They were Annetta, Hannah, Helga, Andrew, Hans, clara, Marie, Ray, louie and Inga. There are four of these children living at this date. Regina died in the year of 1925 and Lars died in 1927.
Louie stayed on the home farm until his health failed. He is now living at the Valley Home. His son Leo farms the home farm. Ray farms south of Thief River falls. Marie, Mrs. Art Torstveit, lives in this cityl. Inga Lindeman has lived in Duluth since her girlhood days.
Regina Amalia HANSON b: 8 AUG 1860 in Tonsberg, Norway
in Tonsburg, Norway
- Annetta Sophie LOKEN b: 3 OCT 1886 in Skjee Annex, Stokke Parish, Tonsburg, Jarlsburg og Larvig Amt (Vestvold fylke), Norway
- Hans A. LOKEN b: 23 MAR 1896 in Rocksbury Township, Pennington County, Minnesota
- Hannah Louise LOKKEN b: 11 AUG 1888 in Skjee, Norway
- Ragna Marie LOKEN b: 19 JAN 1898 in Pennington County, Minnesota
- Inga Toline LOKEN b: 16 FEB 1903 in Pennington County, Minnesota
- Clara (Klara) C. LOKEN b: 14 NOV 1894 in Pennington County, Minnesota
- Helga Peterea LOKEN b: 5 MAR 1891 in Minnesota
- Ragnval (Roy) LOKEN b: 4 NOV 1900 in Minnesota
- Lauretz (Louie) LOKKEN b: 4 NOV 1900 in Minnesota
- Anders LOKEN b: 26 AUG 1892 in Minnesota