Name: Hugh KIRKWOOD
Birth: 21 JAN 1801 1
Death: 11 OCT 1855 in MS
Change Date: 17 JUN 2003
A neighbor of Hugh Reid, Hugh Kirkwood was a witness to his will and made the inventory of Reid's estate.
Hugh Kirkwood was also administrator of Andrew Haddon's estate, and a witness to Matthew Wilson's will.
He appears in the 1830 Census of Abbeville County, SC, but by 1840 had moved to Pontotoc Co., Mississippi, where he owned two and one half sections of land a mile and a half north of Sarepta. He and his second wife Elizabeth were charter members of Old Lebanon Presbyterian Church along with Elizabeth's sister, Rosa and her husband James McCord. Hugh and Elizabeth died the same day, October 11, 1855 and are buried in the Sarepta Cemetery.
Father: Nathan KIRKWOOD b: ABT 1763
Hannah WILSON b: 22 SEP 1802
- William Caldwell KIRKWOOD b: 16 OCT 1824
- Sara Elizabeth KIRKWOOD b: 1822
- Hannah Wilson KIRKWOOD b: 1827
Elizabeth Hunter GORDON b: 28 JAN 1799
- Rebecca Hunter KIRKWOOD
- Samuel Reid KIRKWOOD
- Robert Nathan KIRKWOOD b: 1832
- Susan Vashti KIRKWOOD b: 1838
- Mary Jane Ann KIRKWOOD b: 1840
- Type: Gedcom File
Title: Gedcom downloaded from Ancestry.com
- Text: Pontotoc County Mississippi History and Families, Pontotoc County Historical Society (Rose Publishing 1999)