Name: Jackson Henderson OLDHAM
Given Name: Jackson Henderson
Birth: 1 Feb 1813 in , , Kentucky
Death: 9 Sep 1886 in near Lynn, Lawrence, Arkansas 1
Burial: New Hope Cmtry, Lawrence County, Arkansas 2 3
Reference Number: 6
!RELATIONSHIPS-MARRIAGES: E.E. Barton Collection of Northern Kentucky Families; ; ; ; FHL microfilm #, photocopies of some pages in poss of Pat Geary, Harrisonburg VA.
Change Date: 27 Aug 2012 at 01:00:00
!MARRIAGE: Marriage Certificate; ; Lawrence County, Arkansas Marriages 1821-1861; p 161; FHL Microfilm #1290702, photocopy in poss of Pat Geary, Harrisonburg VA; NOTE: Jackson (31), Sarah (abt 24). She had been married previously as her name was given as Sarah Johns, daughter of James McCarroll.
!Additional information provided by John McCarroll of Waco, Texas.
!RESIDENCES: Pendelton County, Ky. Deed Book G; Pg 81. 17 Aug 1835.
Pendelton County, Ky. Deed Book G. Pg 227. 28 Mar 1837.
Pendelton County, KY. Deed Book G. Pg 496. 13 Jun 1838
Pendelton County, Ky. Deed Book G. Pg 511. 3 Nov 1838.
Pendelton County, Ky. Deed Book H. Pg 506. 12 Nov 1845.
Pendelton County, Ky. Deed Book I. Pg 351. 28 Dec 1848.
(By this time Jackson was in Lawrence County, AR. with his 2nd. wife. Both are named in the deed.)
!DEATH-BURIAL: Cemetery Records of Lawrence County, ARK; ; 1982, Extension Homemakers Council of Lawrence County; p 14; .
!CENSUS: 1840 Pendelton County, KY, NTL. lists Jackson H. Oldham.
1850 Spring River Township, Lawrence County, AR.; Jackson H. (36), Tavernkeeper, Birthplace KY; Sarah A. (25), bp AR; James M (12), bp KY; Ann O (9), bp KY; Joseph (7), bp KY; Mary (3) bp AR; Thomas N. (2), bp AR; Jackson H (1 month), bp AR.
1860 Strawberry Township, Lawrence, AR; Jackson H. (46), farmer; Sarah (29?); William (16); Thomas (11); Jackson H. (10); Martha (8); Emma S. (6); ???? M, (3); ??? F (2).
1870 Strawberry Township (Smithville PO), Lawrence, AR; Jackson H. (56), farmer; Malissa J. (34); Jackson H. Jr. (19); Martha J. (17), Emma (15); Henry C. (12); Mary A. (6); Henderson V. (4); Haney (4); Orpha (1).
1880 Black River, Lawrence, AR. Vol 7, ED 159; Jackson H. (67); Malissa (40); Mary A. (17); Thomas (16); Orpha (12); Fannie (10); Evert D (7); Bell (6); Maggie (2).
Father: Tyree George OLDHAM b: ABT 1768 in prob Orange County, North Carolina
Mother: Nancy DANIEL
Sarah Ann MCCARROLL b: ABT 1822 in near Smithville, Lawrence, Arkansas
22 Jun 1846
in Lynn, Lawrence, Arkansas
- Mary OLDHAM b: ABT 1847 in near Denton, Lawrence, Arkansas
- Thomas N. OLDHAM b: ABT 1849 in near Denton, Lawrence, Arkansas
- Jackson Henderson OLDHAM Jr. b: 8 May 1850 in near Denton, Lawrence, Arkansas
- Martha Jane OLDHAM b: 27 Jan 1853 in near Denton, Lawrence, Arkansas
- Sarah Emma OLDHAM b: 17 Sep 1855 in Black Rock, Lawrence, Arkansas
- Henry Clay OLDHAM b: 13 Jun 1856 in near Denton, Lawrence, Arkansas
- T. J. OLDHAM b: 20 Jul 1861 in , Lawrence, Arkansas
Elizabeth A. WATSON b: 17 Mar 1814 in , Pendelton County , Kentucky
- George Samuel OLDHAM b: 1 Feb 1845
- William OLDHAM
- Anna OLDHAM b: ABT 1841 in , , Kentucky
- James M. OLDHAM b: ABT 1838
Melissa J. MCCARROLL b: 14 Jan 1838 in Smithville, Lawrence, Arkansas
18 Oct 1862
in , Lawrence County, Arkansas 4
- Mary Ann OLDHAM b: 22 Aug 1863 in , Lawrence County, Arkansas
- Dee Everett OLDHAM b: 21 Apr 1873
- Title: Cemetery Inscriptions: Arkansas, Lawrence County
Author: Matthews, Nancy
Publication: Internet Web Site
Page: New Hope Cemetery
Note: OLDHAM, D. Evert -- b. 21 April 1873; d. 25 August 1889
OLDHAM, Jackson H. -- b. 1 February 1813; d. 9 September 1886
- Title: Tombstone Inscriptions: ArkansasGravestones.org
- Title: Find A Grave, Inc.
Author: Find A Grave.com
Publication: Digital images. http://www.findagrave.com
He served as deputy sheriff for Lawrence Co. for many years. He died of a heart attack under a tree on Sept. 9 while looking for a man.
- Title: Marriage Index: Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957
Ancestry.com. [database on-line].
Publication: Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
Note: Name: Jackson H Oldham
Residence: Lawrence, Arkansas
Spouse's Name: Melissa J McCarroll
Spouse's Residence: Lawrence, Arkansas
Marriage Date: 18 Oct 1862
Marriage County: Lawrence
Event Type: Marriage
FHL Film Number: 1290703