Name: Rebecca STILLWELL
Given Name: Rebecca
!SOURCES: "The Early History of the Bayless Families of Long Island and New Jersey". By Howard Green Bayless. Available in DAR Library in Washington, DC.
Change Date: 9 Mar 2002 at 00:00:00
!Will of John Bayless dated October 18, 1682 and proven January 15 1683. New York County Wills, Liber 1-2, Pg 451-2.
Some Notes from Barbara Ribling on Rebecca - "Q. John BAYLES married Rebecca STILLWELL or Rebecca Vincent WHITNEY. A. John married Rebecca. I don't know who Rebecca was. I have found no records that give her name prior to her marriage to John. John and Rebecca's first daughter, Rebecca (they had 2 of this name) married Nicholas STILLWELL. I believe that those who call Rebecca a STILLWELL may have her confused with her daughter. Some descendants think Rebecca was Rebecca Vincent WHITNEY before her marriage to John. Those who have researched the WHITNEYs have not found this name. There was, however, a descendant of John and Rebecca who was named Vincent Whitney BAYLESS. Vincent Whitney was a well known man in Binghampton, NY, where the family of V.W. BAYLESS lived. I think it is likely that V.W. Bayless was named after this popular man and not after an ancestor."
John BAYLESS b: 1617 in Norwich, London, England
- John BAYLESS b: ABT 1642 in , , New York
- Rebecca BAYLESS b: ABT 1643 in , , New York
- Elias BAYLESS b: ABT 1645 in , , New York
- Elizabeth BAYLESS b: ABT 1646 in Jamaica, Long Island, New York
- Thomas BAYLESS b: ABT 1647 in , , New York
- Jonathan BAYLESS b: ABT 1650 in , , New York
- Mary BAYLESS b: ABT 1654 in Southold, Long Island, New York
- Demares BAYLESS b: ABT 1656 in Southold, Long Island, New York
- Abigail BAYLESS b: ABT 1658 in Southold, Long Island, New York
- Ruth BAYLESS b: ABT 1660 in Southold, Long Island, New York
- Rebecca BAYLESS b: ABT 1662 in Jamaica, Long Island, New York